Aggression

B

Branco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody, to start with I want to tell everybody of my short poker career (3 months)

After a string of heavy losses I have blown up my bankroll to $15 two weeks ago(from about $500) this was due to many things, but mainly bad play. At the time I had around 4000 FPP at stars which I used to enter tournaments that I turned into $T80 and then into real cash $175 in S&G (by my sharkscope information you would think I'm a decent player :)) .

But my main passion is the ring games and so I returned with the $175 to play the 10NL FR games (better BR management and all). I feel my game has improved, especially pre-flop.

My stats would be something like 25/5/0.8 and now are around 20/12/1.8 but my problem now is post flop. I read ChuckT 10k post which helped me work my pre-flop game... especially aggression, people say to be aggressive but it is better said than done.

Practical example: We raise from middle position with 88 and get two callers, lets say the button and the BB. Flop comes AT4 ... what do we do after BB checks? A c-bet is mostly what I do... what if I get called or raised by the button? Do we fold to a raise? Do we call and check call to the river?

Do we fire a second barrel by the turn if it is just a cold call?

Speaking of aggression I've seen people raising and re-raising with just Top pair (decent but not top kicker) is this correct?

I've been stuck for the last 5k hands between $160 and $210 and just can't seem to constantly win (what I win today I'll lose tomorow and then regain the next day). So, winning players... show me how aggression works: when should we be aggressive and when to fold to aggression (even if we have a hand).

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all questions are too general, for help in specific spots, post hands in hand analysis (without results posted) and people will take a look at them and post the best course of action.

allfouraces

allfouraces

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same problem as he did, lost a lot too. I`ll pack my bags and take a trip, I need some time off. Someone mentioned a club called charlisangels, where strip poker is played every night with hot blondes. When I come back I`ll put $50k to my bankroll and see what happens.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree w switch, your questions are way too vague, you are not taking into account the other players' styles, whether at a loose or tight table, stack sizes etc. Maybe this is part of your problem -- there are many many things to consider and no easy answers -- so don't rely on them.

B

Branco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well... I always hear "be aggressive" ... that is also a vague concept. :(

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ Yep, it certaintly is a vague concept but with a basic core.

Seriously just post some hands in the hand analysis for people to look at, its impossible for us to help you improve general aggression in all scenarios without seeing them