yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
situations and certain decisions tend to repeat themselves frequently, and the longer one experiences these situations, the tendency to evolve as a consequence.
at least theoretically speaking.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does age and experience make a difference when playing poker?
I read them..
good hands
Hi :)
I think that age and experience have a positive effect on our patience and discipline. And our patience and discipline directly affects our game and, accordingly, our results.
Good luck.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Does age and experience make a difference when playing poker?
Yes, age and experience do make a difference in poker. Advanced age often correlates with a greater understanding of the game's strategies, while experience allows players to make more informed decisions based on their past encounters.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think experience comes with the age,
especially if you studied the games you are playing.
A combination of all three is maybe the best.

T

Tomitao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think what age has to do with it, I just think that everyday experience, patience, does have everything to do with it!

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age and study go hand in hand because time gives you a lot of experience but studying gives you knowledge to improve your game to become a great professional player.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Age and experience is good in growing as a poker player but without study of the game you will limit what you can become. I have been in s serious study of the game over the last year. What I have found out is I did not know nearly as much as I thought and many idea, I had been not entirely the best plays either. I am also nowhere near finished in my growth of this ever-changing game.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Experience yes, age no. I know people with 20 years old with 1 year playing and beating much more the game than persons with 40 years who play poker for 10 years+

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In any field, age and experience matter, the difference is only in the time of assimilation of this.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Study a 100% per cent,i was a lot more lucrative few months ago XD
God bless

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends, but in general experience can make a difference in your poker success. At least, after years playing, you shouldn't still make the same mistakes. Unfortunately it's not 100% true, because I still make some mistakes that I used to make when I started to play.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think so, probably age and experience have a direct impact on our game. Young and inexperienced players are likely to have worse results than older and more experienced players.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
study study study
Studying is certainly necessary, but a human is such a creature that learns best from his mistakes.:) That's why I consider experience to be the most important thing in poker.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Experience plays an important role in poker.
Sometimes beginners can win, but in the end experience wins.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Возраст и опыт имеют значение при игре в покер?
Я читаю их..
хорошие руки
Experience matters, but age doesn't.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I first started, I was inexperienced and really bad at poker.

now that I have 15+ years of experience in playing and studying the game, I'm still really bad it. only difference is that I now know why I'm bad.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Experience is more important than age, but you cannot gather experience without time invested. But by playing and studying a lot you can get the experience of a 40 yo at 30. That's why I think age is somewhat irrelevant.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
when I first started, I was inexperienced and really bad at poker.

now that I have 15+ years of experience in playing and studying the game, I'm still really bad it. only difference is that I now know why I'm bad.
I agree with you, I am now getting close to my 68th Birthday and have been playing card games all my life, but I am still far from being a professional when it comes to Poker. I think the only thing I am good at is having the patience to wait for my hands to come, mind you I am always slow in every thing I do nowadays, if I wasn't I might break a hip or something. :)

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
In one word yes even if most of your experience maybe in MTT's. Take me for example been around since just before the Moneymaker poker boom. Back then played mainly 50nl cash for 3-4 years making decent and easy money. Then switched over too playing mainly MTT's up until Oct 22 when I switched back to mainly cash. I started at much lower stakes then 50nl which I played over a decade ago but quickly and easily made the switch from MTT's to cash and didn't miss a beat. Was a bit nervous for the first 5k hands but that quickly went away and experience took over. I wish had time too put more volume in and not "tilt" back to playing MTT's every now and again. It's my only real tilt. Old habits lol. A hobby supposed to be fun so an MTT or 3 every now and again/weekly is what it is.

Cheers!!!

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hello, of course experience helps, just like in any job, good experience always improve your results, just make sure you use your good experience and learn from the bad ones.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
age and experience in the game is a very important part of poker, it's higher than just studying I think the same as practice and theory in life people who know theory and haven't practiced more than once think very bad players so you should always have experience in the game and try to learn little by little then you'll be the perfect player

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
age and experience - yes - as long as can continue to grow and not fall to old habits and stubborn behavior of some of us older foggies ...