Advice for Sweats/Records/Multi-Commenting..

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,

I was just watching Chuck T's analysis of a Hole Cards UP game and he mentioned having issues with getting multi-commenting to work via skype.

Well, I'm not sure if anyone has already brought this to the table but a GREAT program (albiet not free) is Ventrilo.

In essence Ventrilo is a communication device that allows X amount of people to connect and communicate through a server. There are many great features, including recording options.

You can have multiple "chat rooms" with the option of p.w.'s etc.

I think this could be a great resource for anyone to look into, and although I know this is a bold statement from a new member, I think cardschat might want to look into investing into a server for exclusive use for its active members.

10 user servers start @ 4.00$ a month
25 users @ 10$ a month.

I think it could turn into a really cool thing. Sweat Sessions would be a breeze.. people log in, post their TeamViewer info in chat, etc...

The possibilities are really limitless and I could really see this improving the poker skills of this community as a whole if implemented correctly (Brainstorm: Top members hold a 30 minute session a week where they play and people can watch and ask questions).

Anyways just wanted to let you all know and maybe get a solid discussion going about it.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat used to have its own Ventrilo server, but it faded away since no one ever used it.

I guess since Skype and even the MSN voice option have improved so much in recent years, people probably find those easier to use. I know multi-user Skype conversations have worked well, also.

I guess that's the word on the street around here. Cheers.

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat used to have its own Ventrilo server, but it faded away since no one ever used it.

I guess since Skype and even the MSN voice option have improved so much in recent years, people probably find those easier to use. I know multi-user Skype conversations have worked well, also.

I guess that's the word on the street around here. Cheers.

Interesting. With that in mind I guess the only benefit of a ventrilo is a central location.