Advice on a book

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FYI, I actually bought the book; not that it matters. Drama or Karma?
Wally

My mistake bullishwwd, i thought the commend re sending the book was regarding blackrains crushing the microstakes. The comment was from a comment made in his book regarding "if you stole it then may you run bad".

I'll leave it at that with apoligies for offence taken from the comment as it was posted hastly obviously having read a previous post mentioning crushing the microstakes and not reading the comment you quoted.

Edit: It was posted jokingly as well if the emoticon didn't point this out.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My mistake bullishwwd, i thought the commend re sending the book was regarding blackrains crushing the microstakes. The comment was from a comment made in his book regarding "if you stole it then may you run bad".

I'll leave it at that with apoligies for offence taken from the comment as it was posted hastly obviously having read a previous post mentioning crushing the microstakes and not reading the comment you quoted.

Edit: It was posted jokingly as well if the emoticon didn't point this out.
No problem mate ... all is well in Zion.

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C

carltikaz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker books

are there any good poker books out there have read brunsons, just looking for recommendations on others?

LastSon76

LastSon76

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
book fiend here. . .a couple I've picked up recently and found to be worth it (places like Half-Price books are GREAT for getting poker books - I picked up hardback Super/System 2 for $20)
The Theory of Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'Em System, the previously mentioned Super/System 2, various "Harrington on" books, Reading Poker tells. . .I could go on, if you'd like. LOL

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is many many many poker books, can you give us an idea of what you are looking for? Tournament, cash, math, mental game?

Robbie Strazynski

Robbie Strazynski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Mental Game of Poker (volumes 1& 2), by Jared Tendler. A true must-read!

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Going to try the little green book. Sounds like a good one :)

R

Rhinelander

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The "Little green book" is a good and valuable read indeed. But that one will not give you a complete overlook and IMO this is not a beginners "Show me the ABC rules of poker"-book. For the beginner it might sometimes be a bit difficult to understand when he is explicitly talking about tournament strategies so some thngs might be misleading if you think "Cash game" while reading. One review put it this way: "Phil breaks down the game into enlightening instructional tidbits and illustrative anecdotes that inspire the kind of persistence and motivation necessary to improve your game."
The tidbit thing makes it a perfect restroom lecture ;-))

Harrington introduced me to poker and I still value that book very much although it may be outdated in several spots by now. The general concepts are explained nicely and I read several parts of it over and over and always find something new.

Regarding Tournament Books: The Poker Tournament Formula by Arnold Snyder was another eye opener for me. Written 7 years ago it might not be the most up to date book but the general approach is interesting and I found lots of cool ideas/concepts and things to think about.

As my questions and problems got more specific I started focussing on forums several months ago. And I must say: This forum here is always a GREAT read with wonderful folks to share with and learn from :)

Next two books on my list: Crushing the Microstakes by blackrain and I have to continue John A.'s "Polished Poker". Good info for FREE!

And yes... Mindset of Poker or The Poker Mindset. Not about strategy but the psychological aspects which are so extremely important to master.