Adrenaline Addict

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think poker is an adrenaline game, poker for me is just a gambling card game where you can spend a lot of time in boredom, but sometimes you can be happy when you win a good prize, I agree with some players that it's difficult to compare the feeling of skydiving or other sports in which there is adrenaline constantly with the game of poker!

T

Timquietplace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in offline poker until the first pot won, I'm constantly shivering and chill ... I do not know how to deal with this, but as soon as you win the first sweat, just the norms :)

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adrenaline is one of the hormones of stress. In some parts of the game, when we are under severe stress, there may be increased adrenaline secretions, but poker certainly is not a substitute for extreme sports. The differences are obvious.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
games involving bets are not recommended for anyone who is addicted. The more you gain, the more dopamine is released into the brain and when you lose, you tend to start acting out of the compulsion to make up for what you've lost

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To my mind, it depends on your character. For me it's just the way to relax and enjoy the process

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heck no! If poker fulfills any category of an adrenaline addition then the merry go round must be one of them. No, poker is fun and winning a tournament gives you some quick gratification. It is not like jumping out of plane with a parachute or white water rafting in a class 5 environment.

lexaplis

lexaplis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is incomparable, because nerves are not adrenaline.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doubtful. poker is a thinking mans game. also can be slow paced. slots are more of a consistent rush with each spin if you're betting big enough.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so, poker has a lot of adrenaline!!

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is poker able to replace extreme sports with adrenaline addicts?
Oh sure! I think that poker can be put on one level with extreme sports and racing with the amount of dedicated adrenaline! Maybe it's my personal opinion but I'm absolutely sure of it and I have very strong emotions playing poker and without them I start to feel uncomfortable, this is definitely a drug!

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A card game and extreme sports give nowhere close the same kind of experience. But I can agree its still exciting, but doesn't set off the same kind of adrenaline.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think so,maybe only when you are about to win big money or you are really deep in tournament

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker does give me an adrenaline rush sometimes that's for sure. Especially when I'm deep in a tournament and I know I have to go all-in and I'm really hoping my hand will hold up so I can survive.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, for me poker sport to replace the adrenaline. when I play poker I get a lot of adrenaline like nowhere else. poker is the best game in the world

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest adrenaline is when I give that beautiful bluff and step unscathed without loss.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't use the word adrenaline but something similar to it, one day I was playing and hit a quadra and I was very how can I say, very tense in certain way...
It's different of an adrenaline of hiking or other stuff

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing big juicy game can give you a bad sweat or a rush of adrenaline
but replacing dangerous sports doubt it good luck all.:)
After awhile it becomes normal even for the craziest daredevils.

Last edited:
E

ElRosado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting thinking. I belive this is where gambling addiction comes from. You're play for the rush instead of playing for predictable outcomes that will continually repeat over time.

Jane Franklin

Jane Franklin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m very extremely in snowboarding (13 years experience)
For me poker, it is very adrenaline too
The answer -- YES, for me it is the same

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess no.When u risk of ur money and ur life,thats different things.I like poker adrenaline, but I was always afraid of extreme sports.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, I do not see poker as an adrenaline game but rather as a game of patience and luck and a little skill.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes , i think is poker gives us adrenaline, when we go to all-in for all monthly paycheck on cash game or we got on the final table in the tournament for several thousand people ( something like final table Sunday Million)