Adjusting to 6 Max

smokinbandito12

smokinbandito12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much should I loosen my hand selection for 6 max? And please be more specific than "play it like a 9 handed table when 3 people are out." And are there any other major adjustments i should make?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A big mistake that most players make (myself included back when I tried 6-max) is playing too loose at 6-max. It's a huge misconception that you have to play like a maniac or play extremely aggressive. Solid tag play can still book you a solid winrate at micros.

I know you just said you don't want to hear this, but I'll say it anyways - play it like a full ring table that's seen utg, utg+1 and mp fold.

Early pos play fairly tight (AT+, KQ, most pairs) and as you get in later position your range should open up exponentially until you're stealing extremely liberally on the button. You can tighten up/loosen your ranges based on how comfortable you are at the table.

This is all coming from a -10bb/100 6-max player from a while back, so take it with a grain of salt. My above info is basically regurgitated from other sources.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im pretty successful at 6 max ring games since it suits my LAG style best. It generally favour aggression over solid play i would say, even thoguh when played well, both will work.
I fold usually when confronted with a raise except with tens+ and a,k. I fold a,q when raised to because i pick up pots without needing to get into pots without being hte aggressor. I then raise first into pot when holding any playable hand, e.g. pairs, suited connectors, jt+.
It's all abotu aggression 6 max, but not over aggression, still dont raise with junk, just playable hands