Accused of Cheating Online!!!

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, as long as you weren't using any banned software there is nothing to worry about. Going forward avoid things like this by not chatting about them. I'm surprised the other person followed through since I thought it was just talk on his part, but occassionally someone will actually lodge a complaint with the site. Let them sort it all and you should be good.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn off chat! You're costing yourself money by having it on. NEVER tell anyone anything about their/your/anyone's game at the table.

This. Wtf were you thinking telling him he's a noob, let alone that you use software

P

ProphetEyes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i know... my bad. wont happen again...

imafin

imafin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have the laptop so far away from my leisure comfort chair that i cant read the chat. works great, dont even see them calling me an fn donk...

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with everyone else. Turn the chat off and dont worry about the cheating comment. But one thing I think you are doing wrong is pointing out his bad play and bad stats to him and everyone else at the table. Most fish dont know they're fish but embarassing chat like this might motivate a fish to study more and get better or to finally accept it and give up the game. So why tap the glass when you dont have to?

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to have the chat on although I do not multi table much and I do see that point. For the same reasons that you all are saying to turn it off and not give away any information is why I like it on. I never say really anything or give anything away. But other people do and with it on I can see that. It also can help me read more into who a player is ie shit talking, nice and calm, calling people out. And that can give some insight into how they might play.

Just my 2 cents,
Dooley

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to disagree with you all, but he's playing the lowest of the low in terms of stakes. What's the harm in chatting to make the game more fun and interesting?

OP, you said two things that are a bit contradictory: 1) i am there to take peoples money and thats that. 2) its a game that we all play to have fun...

My guess is that you're hoping to make some money without depositing, but that you're really hoping to have some fun and improve your game in the process. Been there - done that. It's an admirable goal. But don't overestimate the importance of anything you could say at the table.

People here always spout on about not educating the fishes. What's the harm? Are you really gonna pay off your mortgage $1 at a time?

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@OP, just wondering if there was ever any final resolution on this? Did you ever get a final answer from Carbon?

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@OP, just wondering if there was ever any final resolution on this? Did you ever get a final answer from Carbon?

Yea man give us a follow up. FFFFing cheater you are!! how dare you use the software that they provide. It does prove a point on how dumb that guys was/is though. He did not even know about it.

K

Kaymoar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldnt worry about it.. dude is a fish like u said ;)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So last night I was playing in a Funstep SnG on carbon. This guy was being a jerk so I called him out on it. Next thing you know we are going back and forth mainly with him callimng my stupid over and over. After about 40 hands i look at my hud on this guy (Hold em Indicator Carbon Skin) and tell him hes a fish because well... he is. Hes playing loose being passive and overplaying his hands. After he tries to deny this, I tell him he can't argue with stats. My hud is telling me everything. He says "HUD?" and i say "yeah... i have software." he sits out from the table for about ten minutes after tellin me hes going to report me. Comes back and says that I am busted. I've just been turned into the site for cheating!!! i asked him what he was talking about, and he says software. I begin to tell him that the software was free with the site and that poker tracker is used by people everywhere and is way more indepth. he just says thats not what you said. I am so offended and I dont cheat the game at all. i cant see hole cards. I cant data mine. Just see stats on hands that ive been involved in. I now am waiting to see what becomes of it because i know that sites dont take these kind of thngs lightly. but this is a TERRIBLE accusation to make on someone, and i just dont know what to think. i have since disabled all player chat, becuase i am not there to make friends. i am there to take peoples money and thats that. the site features way too many players who abuse each other and i, for one, am sick of it. its a game that we all play to have fun and verbally abusing people should not be part of it. i mean the things i see people say online make phil hellmuth look like the pope in comparison. :p

So, did you get any info from the poker site to say you were cheating? I'm betting not.

It is rather funny when some people come online only to call someone a cheater. Shows me they are extremely frustrated not just in poker either. When that kind of nonsense begins, it's likely best to just shut the chat off, it's not worth your time or energy to respond. :)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to disagree with you all, but he's playing the lowest of the low in terms of stakes. What's the harm in chatting to make the game more fun and interesting?
People here always spout on about not educating the fishes. What's the harm? Are you really gonna pay off your mortgage $1 at a time?

Well depending on your motivations for playing poker, there can be lots of harm in it.

If you're playing only for the fun, social aspect for it, then fine, but you'd probably be better served playing Zynga (sp?) Poker on FB, or wsop on XBox Live or something.

If OTOH like most of us you actually intend to make money, even if you're doing so casually, then ANYTHING you do to educate your opponent is taking money out of your pocket. Even in freerolls or these pretty much worthless funstep things, where your villains typically aren't sophisticated enough to comprehend proper play, they certainly do comprehend being insulted, alienated, or told that you (and sharkscope, etc.) have "stats" on them. This latter fact alone can and does drive some fish away from the game. Even freeroll/funstep/playmoney fish occasionally will deposit or win a score that starts a bankroll which lets them move up. Many will remember what you or others might have told them about their game, and may learn from it. If they're serious about poker and improving as a player, they'll find their way like the rest of us, through books, forums, coaching, or whatever. But I'm not going to take a fish by the hand at the table and lead him there.

Poker (for money) is a cut-throat game. When we're here on CC, or even a CC game, there's absolutely an important fun and social aspect to it even if I am trying to beat you. There's also a desire to help each other out by sharing strategy and advice -- that's what CC is for. But when I'm at the table the goal is to take your money, not tell you how to keep it or how to take mine.

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you have anything to worry about. Might consider complaining to them about the case being open in the first place.

C

Caesura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bloke laughed at me once, "what? you never win?" (he must have been using software) and it made me turn my game around that day. I'd never seen him before and I was definitely on a bad streak but that made me tighten up and concentrate on my game a heck of a lot more.

pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So last night I was playing in a Funstep SnG on carbon. This guy was being a jerk so I called him out on it. Next thing you know we are going back and forth mainly with him callimng my stupid over and over. After about 40 hands i look at my hud on this guy (Hold em Indicator Carbon Skin) and tell him hes a fish because well... he is. Hes playing loose being passive and overplaying his hands. After he tries to deny this, I tell him he can't argue with stats. My hud is telling me everything. He says "HUD?" and i say "yeah... i have software." he sits out from the table for about ten minutes after tellin me hes going to report me. Comes back and says that I am busted. I've just been turned into the site for cheating!!! i asked him what he was talking about, and he says software. I begin to tell him that the software was free with the site and that poker tracker is used by people everywhere and is way more indepth. he just says thats not what you said. I am so offended and I dont cheat the game at all. i cant see hole cards. I cant data mine. Just see stats on hands that ive been involved in. I now am waiting to see what becomes of it because i know that sites dont take these kind of thngs lightly. but this is a TERRIBLE accusation to make on someone, and i just dont know what to think. i have since disabled all player chat, becuase i am not there to make friends. i am there to take peoples money and thats that. the site features way too many players who abuse each other and i, for one, am sick of it. its a game that we all play to have fun and verbally abusing people should not be part of it. i mean the things i see people say online make phil hellmuth look like the pope in comparison. :p

That's actually the right play in FUNSTEPS. In real money, the cost of playing too many hands is greater than the pot you win when you finally hit a big hand.
But at FUNSTEPS, the cost is nothing. If you play FUNSTEPS like you play in real money, it will take way to long to win anything.