Absolute Insanity, Must Read! This is not a vent!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Damn, I hardly ever see these big big names at the table !
Maybe because the English time, most the top pros are in America aint they? but that would of been amazing to watch :(

Blame Vegas for most of the top pros being in America. Some of the top pros from other countries moved to Vegas.

Antonius is from finland, though.

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Antonius is unreal. He was on this seasons of HSP as well and make some incredible calls. I vaguely recall him snapping off a bluff from one of the non-pro players at the table with a moderately scary board and only a pair of 4s.

Be that as it may, watching Ivey lately on Poker After Dark is like watching a clinic in good poker decision making. I've never seen anything like it, the guy is just right all the time.

R

Ranger390

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's truly amazing...but to us small stakes players, this looks more like playing "chicken" than poker! It's also looks like a case of TMM...too much money!

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 and to cardplayer

What's shocking about the hand are the amounts being played (and yes I'm stunned too, and enjoyed reading this) - divide everything by 1,000 to make this $0.50/$1.00 and then see if the play makes more sense.

Keep in mind that nosebleed stakes players pretty much know each other and each others' games, there aren't that many of them...

The odd thing is:

You see this kind of play a lot at super high stakes (watch high stakes poker on GSN).

You see this kind of play a lot at .01/.02

Its odd how little you see this anywhere in the middle. A lot of ppl at the micors don't care because its just pennies. Most people playing 1/2 or 2/4 care a lot because its hundreds (or thousands) of dollars.

But, it seems like when you throw around half a million, its like pennies again.

His play actually makes some sense; I don't have the guts myself... but chances are he knew King well, knew his game, and put him (rightly) on a busted fl draw, meaning his K could likely be good. :rolleyes:

L

luckforsome

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is getting saved on my lab tpo and looked at instead of my prayers..unbelievbale, he must have such a read on him that he knows whether its a piss or shite the guys having...classic and legendary, should go down as call of the year..also i think there should be a call of the year award//..:)

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really does seem like a game of chicken, but hats off to Antonius. I've seen him play a fair amount and I'm always impressed by him.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a feeling this guy is leading himself to believe he can be the next Dario Gus Hansen/Tom Dwan/super-hyper-aggressive. Tonight kingofcards raised preflop and Ivey pushed allin for about $100k. He snap calls with AK. Ivey took down the pot with pocket rockets.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a feeling this guy is leading himself to believe he can be the next Dario Gus Hansen/Tom Dwan/super-hyper-aggressive. Tonight kingofcards raised preflop and Ivey pushed allin for about $100k. He snap calls with AK. Ivey took down the pot with pocket rockets.

Totally standard. Folding AK to Ivey's push there would be horrible.

1st hand is more interesting, especially when you consider that Antonius checked his K high on the river to INDUCE kingofcards to shove with his busted draw. If he thought his hand wasn't good enough to win at SD but didn't want to give up on the pot, he almost certainly would have shoved the river himself hoping he still had some fold equity. That's why they play nosebleed stakes, they think on levels that us mere humans can barely comprehend, much less actually implement.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot imagine the sort of soul wrenching pain kingsofcards must now be feeling after losing nearly a years worth of winnings (at stars) in 2 days at tilt... woof.