About variance

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
My question is, if I'm constantly playing in one room and have a drop streak, will playing in another room help smooth it out?

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
its not a problem of the site is something of the game it have downswings and upswings and have to deal with that if u want to be a good player

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No it shouldn't make any difference. That said, I like to switch rooms when I am in a down swing to help me forget about the losses and play my A game

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in variance, it's just luck, besides the fact that poker rooms help certain players.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
In my experience doesn't make much difference. Not to say I don't play at 2 and maybe 3 different sites I do. But that's mostly because I like a certain MTT or maybe a few MTT's on one site compared to another when it comes to what times I can and can't play. I also only mostly play 10+ min blind level MTT's so have to play more sites to find enough MTT's to fit my schedule.

Cheers!!!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My question is, if I'm constantly playing in one room and have a drop streak, will playing in another room help smooth it out?
Hi, ChemfromUKR! By my opinion, of course, You necessary try to play in the different Poker rooms,
because We don't know exactly, where Us wait lady Luck!Therefore, go ahead!

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What will help reduce the variance is playing in rooms with smaller fields and technically weaker players!

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I've been playing for years. I've learned many times that random number generators don't work the way dealers give out when playing live. Therefore, it is wrong to talk about variance when playing online. The reason is the generator's operation.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that playing in another room can help, at least in my experience. Usually when I'm in a bad run, it only happens in one or two rooms each time, not in all poker rooms.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Changing rooms might help but variance is a part of poker, everyone has downswings and everyone
has upswings, you just have to deal with them.
Of course if changing rooms help you then do it.
If I am on a losing street I take a break from playing but in the end
we just have to accept downswings are going to happen, the art is not letting downswings affect your
play, try to play the same winning or losing and you will do ok.

M

Mijo019

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MG
Chips
Hi, from Madagascar!! I think you have to accept downswings. Take a break, review your game. If you think the problem is not your game, that was just bad luck. Move on and come back for it.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do think so, you may just be adding fuel to the fire.

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Switching to another poker room may or may not improve your luck or results. The outcomes in poker are largely determined by chance and skill, and changing rooms doesn't inherently affect the randomness of the cards or the skill level of opponents.

If you're experiencing a losing streak, it's important to analyze your gameplay, strategy, and decision-making rather than solely attributing it to the poker room. Consider reviewing your hands, identifying potential mistakes, and adjusting your strategy accordingly. Sometimes, taking a break and coming back with a fresh perspective can also be beneficial.

Remember that poker involves variance, and even skilled players can face losing streaks. It's crucial to manage your bankroll wisely, stay disciplined, and focus on making optimal decisions rather than chasing losses. If you consistently apply solid poker fundamentals, your results are likely to improve over the long run, regardless of the specific poker room you're playing in.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Last night I watched a Star Trek Deep Space Nine, It claimed that neutrinos revolving in a different direction caused variance (luck) in different directions. I'm not sure of the science, but the plotline was quite interesting.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Although many people don't realize it, variance is what keeps poker alive and thriving. However, variance can hurt us a lot at times, sometimes even more than we expect.Since variance is inevitable in poker, it's best to focus on what you can do to reduce it.