Is A2-A9 really that great?

W

w3c jman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yea sometime ace rag can benefit u because u got Ace high but at the same time u can play low and hit a rag. its basically a coin toss with someone who had like KQ etc.

Y

yourguynow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how many other players are in the game, and of course your position. Heads up with Ace Rag is something you would likely stay with at least until the flop.

F

Flushbuster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend not to play A rags un less I am in late position or heads-up. The kickers can get you in too much trouble. I do however like to play A anything suited because you never know when the flush is going to flop, and if it does the pay off is usually big.

S

superbuxbr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I come only if the blind is low for the amount of chips you have, since A-2, A-3, A-4, A-5, and can reach a top pair, you have chance to Straight. But if the blinds are high for me, do not enter, only A-10 above.

TiltMonkey999

TiltMonkey999

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no clue why people think Ace is the best card in the game. But unfortunately, their A2 is obv better than my KK or QQ anyday..So that might just be me, by when im up against A rag, they usually win..

Rafeeki1087

Rafeeki1087

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the A9, I use to win with it alot, but recently it hasn't been doing it for me...I've learned to curb my Ace-rag habbits...depending on my seat situation, i'll call, as well depending on the blinds...

Lots of variables come into play when you get that Ace-rag in your pocket. You gotta be thinking at all times ;)

BDDP

BDDP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO NO NO!!! A rag is for sucka's. Yes they will pair up sometimes and win a pot if you play them right. So will 72o. The other night in a live game i got 72o on the button all players before me folded so i raised to 4x the BB with the intention that SB and BB would fold, i'd show the "worst hand in poker" get lots groans and a lack of respect at my next raise when I did have a good hand. I had no intetion of getting called. SB AND BB called!!! I flopped two Pr. SB checked, BB Bet 2 bucks, I called, SB folded. Turn came a third 7....FULL BOAT!!! BB Bet 5 Bucks, I raised him all in at 8 Bucks. He turned over a pair of q's, I showed my boat and he exclaimed that i sold my soul to the devil! Point is sure Ax can win BUT so can any two cards. There are so many hands that Ax is weak against. A-10s is the 25th best hand out of 169 possible starting hands. A2, 54th best starting hand. There are 53 better hands to start with.

U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Any ace depending on how many players are at the table is a good hand. Oviously AK will usually beat the A rag. Any Ace is usually a good starting hand and you can bluff well with an Ace. The worst case scenarios are when A3 vs Ak and the A98 hits the flop. AK has a monster advantage. I usually do not like to play A rag considering if I have A5 against a 77. They have a big advantage.