Is this a reasonable risk with my bankroll?

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo just take a shot. Don't say "I'll be playing $25 NL from tomorrow." Instead, try and add one session per day or something. Say if you're playing 500 hands per day, play 200 @ $25 NL, the other ones at your current level. That way you can dip your toes a little bit and not feel so shellshocked when you do decide to move up and play scared.

If you have the confidence you can beat $10 NL, then you're just wasting your time playing there. $400 is not too bad for $25 NL if you think you can beat the level.

5bb/100 is not a truly good WR for $10 NL though, so you might want to work on your game a little bit more, learn some new stuff, take a few shots @ $25 NL and then, when you think you can beat the level, give more and more time to playing $25 NL.

5bb/100 is not a good winrate HUH????????:rolleyes:

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard a good winrate is about 10bb at 10nl? But any winrate is a plus for me right now :D

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5bb/100 is not a good winrate HUH????????:rolleyes:
Yeah, 2.5ptbbs at the micros is really not that great. It's still positive, so there's that, but if he has such a lot WR then he probably has some pretty huge leaks in his game, meaning they'll be only amplified the higher he goes. And, imo, he should be better off just working on his game for now and building a BR and take shots from time to time.

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chemist reply is right on the spot from my viewpoint. Try it and see. You only need to answer to yourself. Set a loss limit and mix up the stakes. If you win, keep grading up the mix of the higher table type.
At the end of the day the sites keep your money anyways. Have fun while you play. Very good luck out there!

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My winrate was 10bb / 100 but I have been 16 tabling and it has gradually declined, although I am still making a decent profit, it is much less than I would if I was only playing 4-6 tables. I honestly think my winrate could be better...

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management