A few questions about WSOP..

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you end up getting sponsored free into the wsop? If you enter yourself in, don't poker sites pay you money to have a logo put on your shirt..?

How much? I hear rumors such as 1K even 10K, ect. I'm sure the PROS would get more, then some random person would get a certain set amount.

I can't seem to find the WSOP prize structure, such as how many people get paid prize money and how many can enter.

The WSOP website confuses me.. :joyman:

S

sheepy10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you pay to enter youself and make the final table you will almost certainly be approached by representatives of a poker site and be offered x amount of money to wear theyre gear for the televised stages.

i dont think theres a cap on the number of entrants.

approx 10 per cent of entries make the money

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Email the poker sites (start with the big boys like Stars, Tilt, UB, and AP) and tell them you're willing to wear their logo for the entry fee. Get $$. Go play.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get seated at a TV table there could be offers to wear a patch or logo, it doesn't have to be at the final table. If you notice Joe Cada was wearing UB gear up until the FT where he switched to pokerstars. I'm guessing PokerStars offered him a better contract than UB did for the final table and beyond.

I've heard for the TV tables it's usually around 10K, not sure though.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You aren't likely to get offered anything unless you end up on a featured table or go very deep.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of the 6,484 players at the WSOP, anyone know how many were pros? I'd be interested in knowing of the 648 players in the money, how many of those were pros. One day I will play in the big one. Just need to start saving / winning big.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The prize structure is never published in advance because it can't be - they need to know how many entrants there are to work it out, and they don't know that until the end of buy-ins on Day 1D. What's been said above is correct, they generally pay about 10% of the field. The way they chop that prize money up (ie: how top or bottom heavy the payouts are) changes from year to year though.

Disclaimer: the rest of this post is informed by what I've read on blogs and whatnot, I've got no first-hand experience with any of it.

Players who get seated at a TV table are usually offered somewhere in the vicinity of $10K (for the Main Event) to wear a patch. Which is why the players at Phil Ivey's Day 1 table were a bit pissy this year when he used his influence to make sure his table wasn't on TV - they would've all been on a freeroll if the table had've been televised. Rumour was he paid them something himself in compensation.

Signed pros (as opposed to everyday schmoes who just happen to land a seat at a TV table - we're talking the Iveys, Negreanus and Hellmuths of the world) probably get their entries paid depending on their deal. Some will be contingent on whether the tournament is being televised, which is why the field in the $50K HORSE was down this year.

And if you win a satellite on an online site, I'm pretty sure I've read the buy-in money is yours to do what you like with (ie: you don't actually have to enter the tournament) but if you play and agree to wear a patch the site might pay your accommodation or something. That might not happen anymore though, IDK.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The prize structure is never published in advance because it can't be - they need to know how many entrants there are to work it out, and they don't know that until the end of buy-ins on Day 1D. What's been said above is correct, they generally pay about 10% of the field. The way they chop that prize money up (ie: how top or bottom heavy the payouts are) changes from year to year though.

Disclaimer: the rest of this post is informed by what I've read on blogs and whatnot, I've got no first-hand experience with any of it.

Players who get seated at a TV table are usually offered somewhere in the vicinity of $10K (for the Main Event) to wear a patch. Which is why the players at Phil Ivey's Day 1 table were a bit pissy this year when he used his influence to make sure his table wasn't on TV - they would've all been on a freeroll if the table had've been televised. Rumour was he paid them something himself in compensation.

Signed pros (as opposed to everyday schmoes who just happen to land a seat at a TV table - we're talking the Iveys, Negreanus and Hellmuths of the world) probably get their entries paid depending on their deal. Some will be contingent on whether the tournament is being televised, which is why the field in the $50K HORSE was down this year.

And if you win a satellite on an online site, I'm pretty sure I've read the buy-in money is yours to do what you like with (ie: you don't actually have to enter the tournament) but if you play and agree to wear a patch the site might pay your accommodation or something. That might not happen anymore though, IDK.

How does the sate. tourn. work? How much?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does the sate. tourn. work? How much?

Depends on the site and how many entrants there are or how many levels there are. Some sites even offer freerolls where you stand a chance at winning a seat (though ususally they're freerolls where the prize is a seat in another tournament, the prize in which is a seat). Chris Moneymaker famously got into the 2003 Main Event after winning a $40 satellite.

But basically they work the same as any other satellite - a bunch of people play a tournament but instead of a standard cash prize pool the winner (or winners, depending on how many seats are offered) get $10,000 with which to buy themselves into the Main Event.

WSOP