Is this a good or bad idea

A

Aaron423

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I've been playing the 45 player sng to the Sunday Hundred Grand which gives 4 people a seat in that tournament. I usually do really good in these and win the $11 seat. But what I have been doing is unregistering from the tournament and keeping the T$ for other tournaments. I like doing this because it keeps cash in my BR and sometimes allows me to play in a higher stakes tournament. Is there anything wrong with this?

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope its a pretty good deal.

The 36 man $2 one for 6 seats is good too, i remember playing it alot when i started out

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did that a few days. I used to do a lot of the $3.40 sngs, and I was pretty much a break-even player. So they were a perfect candidate for turning the T$ I won from the satellites into real dollars. I stopped playing because I just really wasn't enjoying it and I wasn't moneying consistently (my fault, just got bored and you know how in a tournament one bad decision can kill what you spent your last hour building up). I much prefer cash games and as long as I can consistently profit from those I'm sticking with them. But that's a great idea for money if you can stand playing them and consistently beat the game.

A

Aaron423

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been doing it for a few months now and it's been working really well for me. I am more of a tournament player than a cash player also, so it seems the best way to go for me ATM

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have your doubts about taking the "greater risk" of playing the bigger buy-in tournament, maybe you might designate a certain % of your satty wins to taking a shot (maybe 1 in 5 that you win you play?).

GL!

A

Aaron423

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1 to every 4 or 5 I believe, I do that every so often I normally play low to micro level tournaments but on the weekends I sometimes venture out into some medium buy ins such as the deepstack tournaments