A button question..

P

posiview

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to poker, played for around 5 months online.

I've read that you should play the button with just about anything (Helmuth); is this how you play it?

I tend to play most unraised hands when I'm on the button..

Cheers

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the guys who are in the hand ( SB BB and lets say a limper) is able to fold preflop ore on the flop if I raise...... I would raise AX , KX and all pairs.

It depends on the players who are in the hand... Not the table.

I dont raise a bad hand if it is a donk ore a fish in the hand....

If anyone dont aggree with me I would be gladly to hear

Last edited:
pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the guys who are in the hand ( SB BB and lets say a limper) is able to fold preflop ore on the flop if I raise...... I would raise AX , KX and all pairs.

It depends on the players who are in the hand... Not the table.
disagree
im not raising button,with ace x or king x, if there are limpers in the pot, im ight limp in as well
but if action is folded around to u and ur in CO or BTN i think u should raise with just about anything as this play will make more money for u in the long run than it will lose u{except if u raise something like 6*bb }

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
disagree
im not raising button,with ace x or king x, if there are limpers in the pot, im ight limp in as well
but if action is folded around to u and ur in CO or BTN i think u should raise with just about anything as this play will make more money for u in the long run than it will lose u{except if u raise something like 6*bb }

Thanks for the answer.. I usually raise 4x 5x ore 6x big blind

And I usually dont raise a bad hand if it is more than 2 limpers

I dont realy see the point with limping with a bad hand....

Last edited:
pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the answer.. I usually raise 5x ore 6x big blind
5*bb is way to large to be raising into an unopened pot
2.5 to 3 * bb is a lot better size for a raise in that situation,but if it is that ur raising to get the limpers out of the pot the 5*bb is ok

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5*bb is way to large to be raising into an unopened pot
2.5 to 3 * bb is a lot better size for a raise in that situation,but if it is that ur raising to get the limpers out of the pot the 5*bb is ok

Yes... I am raising to get the limpers out of the pot.......

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks..Im aggreed it would be a bad play if I raised weak ( 3x bb)

J

jason1978

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
u dont need to go crazy with weak hands just cause you are on the puck, playing in postion is deffinately a strenghtness but raising it everytime is going a little overboard, pick your spots !

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
u dont need to go crazy with weak hands just cause you are on the puck, playing in postion is deffinately a strenghtness but raising it everytime is going a little overboard, pick your spots !

True..You dont need to do it..... But you will make more profit if you do it....( and Im not talking about raising every hand)

Last edited:
B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't raise with every hand, just most hands. Still fold garbage hands but raise with A-X, K 9 or better, J9 or better, any pair.

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i say pick your spots, raising everytime will either hurt you when they catch or if they start testing your raise, then you have some work

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally wont raise with rags on the button or CO until the blinds are large enough to make a significant dent in their stack by calling my 3or4x raise or when getting close to the money in a tournament where alot of the weak players are tightening up. Early in a tourny or first 4 or 5 levels its pretty much a useless and unprofitable play in my opinion.

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking about cash game.,.,

But I have not tried it in tournies ore sit and goes..But I think it will work there as well ( if you have good enough reads on the players)