Is a break in Poker Good?

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are running bad, a break for a day or two will help, I think.

651crusher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in order to be a winner breaks are a necessity --- when I run bad on ignition I take a break and usually once I go back a day later I'm running good again or at least feel I am.

This last weekend I ran so good turned $50 into 750 and then on sunday I had my worst day ever and lost all of it I should have taken a break and had a stop loss requirement, but I have a problem when I run bad I want to get unstuck so fast and end up pissing it all away

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, if everyone favors a break helps clarify the mind and a strategy indicator

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes is good but sometimes it seems to be very often and not in good time....

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play too often and you will either get bored or stale. a break can refresh your mental capability

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
depends on what you do with the break. Relax, study and review what's been working and not working for you.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break

I would say if Im up at a table no way am I breaking.
However when down run and wait and start up again.

R

ramrjamr2007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course! unless u are heads up online... thats annoying.

everth

everth

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly, the professionals recommend having at least one day of rest during the week. Whenever I do not play for several days, I get better results when I get back.

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMPROVE THE LOGIC AND SENSITIVE SENSITIVE A PAUSE OF THESE

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly, the professionals recommend having at least one day of rest during the week. Whenever I do not play for several days, I get better results when I get back.

The same thing happens to me. When I have a break, my game flows much more intensely. My earnings increase a lot. But you see your gains increasing and you want to play more and then you get tired hahahaha. It's a vice hahahah

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

Yes.After playing hours of poker it is good to have a break.You can relax your brain ....calm after huge pressure and its good if you need to eat food.Good luck

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i think it's good, when playingfor hours you might fed up the game to be played mechanically and with no appetite ,if you don't play for living a break it's fine and you can do other things

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. I believe that you should take time to enjoy life, all aspects of your life. You should take time to do other things, whether it's fishing, traveling, or spending time with loved ones. I truly believe that not only will it keep you from getting burned out, it will make your life better. One thing I do know is that if you'll be better at whatever you do if you enjoy doing it.

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, a break in poker is not only good, but should be scheduled.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker - a game of ups and downs. Just sometimes the game takes too much of our time and energy, which in itself is not in our favor.
By myself I can say that apart from the game of poker, and his return to the game later, the head becomes clearer.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A break is something positive, and it can refresh your behavior in the game. When your are playing some hours every day, the no play time is also a big break.

B

baraka304

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take a break after a few days of bad runs. It definitely helps.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking to take a break from poker. Now I was terribly unlucky.

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes a break of poker is very good to become a better player

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely think a short break for a couple of days isn't gonna hurt your game, I think it could be good for your brain to refresh. But more than a week is maybe a little too long time to rest if you want to stay "in the game". But of course do what works best for you

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely. I'm going to take a little time off from live play after 2 consecutive session of losing multiple BIs. I've done it before (not losing that much but just feeling a need for a break) and it's perfectly ok if poker isn't your full time only income source. If it is you might still take breaks but should have that planned out in terms of finances ahead of time.

I've taken breaks as short as 20 min and as long as 9 months or so. This current break will only be from live and probably last a few weeks.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know about you guys,but for me break in game session very necessary.This is especially true of unsuccessful game situations.Even when the game is quite good, but it takes a long time.You just need to unload the brain:)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
One of the things I see happening a lot is you bet with wrong hands. Sometimes a sequence of bad hands comes to you and if you are stressed, you will probably play with the next hand without caring, because you are already stressed. It happened a lot with me, for example, getting 20 hands in a row with bad cards coming in my hand, that's desperate hahaha

You might be right ;)