Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ofcoarse donkyes win tournements!
look at most the full tilt tourneys...
they just have alot of luck behind them sometimes!

N

Nukking Futs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many bad poker players can win a tournment, it happens all the time in the low limit tournments online. I have seen bad players get the chip advantage and take out player after player sine they have everyone at a table covered 5 to 20 to 1. it can be crazy, but it happens.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i keep playing those 1$ tourneys on pokerstars because i am not very good at tourneys, anyway after failing to get very far i wanted to know what kind of people got to the final table, so i started looking them up on pokerprolabs and pokertableratings, found out that most of them are consistent losers.

ofc these are the ones that win the donkaments, i have no idea what happens in sunday million or any other big tournaments.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The play at final tables is better quality than early on in each tourney, but I am sometimes amazed at the bad play one can see there. I wonder how those players made it so deep into the tourney. The short answer is "yes", a bad player can win a tourney.

N

no1here

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely poker can be won with complete luck with no skill required.

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who was that guy that kept on praying to God in the final table of the wsop? Yeah that guy...

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, people can go on super hot runs and take it down, but then they do not win anymore as their luck runs out.

D

darc11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a Doubt this is more then possible. There are so many examples of this. As they say all it takes to win any tournament is to run good in it. When your running good it`s almost impossible to mess it up.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who was that guy that kept on praying to God in the final table of the WSOP? Yeah that guy...

That'd be Jerry "Raise One Million" Yang, the player I was alluding to above.

Though to be fair pretty much all of the final table that year played terribly.

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Player?

Absolutely not....He/She may make a bad move on TV....but they got there by making great moves for 5 or 6 days! If they make the final table .....they are not bad poker players!:) :) :)

G

godoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the bigger the tournament, the harder it gets to a bad player win, because he has to defeat a lot of good players, of course a bad player can make a lucky run at the final table, but if the tournament is REALLY big (like sunday million etc.) he would'nt be at the final table

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive seen some shokin players take down tournys,,,,the thing is that wen they have a lotta chips there play gets even worse,,lol,,and uve seen how bigstacks in comps tend to attract the better startin hands,,and yes hit miracle cards ,,runner runner,,,backdoors ,,etc

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
imho, Yes many bad players get rewarded, but if they didn't get rewarded neither would we.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest... Is it not just a part of poker?

Everybody has started somewhere....

MrHopeful

MrHopeful

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont think a 'bad' player can win a tournament but a 'not good' player can

a slight difference :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You'll often see some pretty awful players goin' deep in some of the big Sunday tournaments (ie. the Sun $750K on Fulltilt & SunMillion on Stars). Lots of great players obviously goin' deep as well but quite often in those tourneys you'll see a couple/few terrible players getting very lucky & playing very poorly.
It's a great thing when they win..... more deadmoney in future tourneys & am sure the regs. on the cash tables just love it when newbie/donk brings part of their Tourney winnings over to donk it off to them.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I forget who said this first, it's been said repeatedly:

Every big MTT is a lottery. The bad players have one ticket, the good players have a couple, the greatest have five or six. But it's still a lottery.

B

billyth3kid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the smaller the tourny the easier it is for a bad player to win...big tournys there are some luck boxes that can flip a coin an hit heads 14 or 15 times in a row...its not often but it does happen

E

EvilEmperor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure that a noob can win but it would have to be an extremely good run of cards. I like to check OPR stats when playing in tourneys sometimes and I come across one player that had been playing for years and was a huge loser. Not surprising the way he played. He played in over 3000 tourneys and had won once in fields over 180 players.

So yes a bad player can win a tourney but unless it's a huge prize they'll still lose money overall.