Which 9 players would be the toughest WSOP final table?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I borrowed some summaries and edited etc., here is my distillation:

Phil Hellmuth - one of the best NLHE donkament players in the world. Period.

Tom Dwan - Internet Phenom; crazier than Gus (plays 70% of hands??).

Chris Ferguson - exceptional tournament player, hard to read, solid.

Phil Ivey - Unreadable and unbeatable when on a roll.

Doyle Brunson - Can still push those kids around. Amazing bluff power, and a real intuitive (gut) player who can assess players and situations; he has seen them all..

Daniel Negreanu - Can read minds and see through cards while telling jokes.

Johnny Chan - I like the smell of oranges. :)

Barry Greenstein - Table needs a rock.

Dan Harrington - Put another rock behind.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My nine person final table would be as follows

1.Howard Lederer There is not a better technician in the game

2. Phil Ivey The silent killer just love his stlye

3.Doyle Brunson The legend nuff said he should just go staight to every final table

4.Gus Hansen The wild card the guy can play 72os and make it seem like the thing to do

5.Chris Ferguson Can you spell discipline look it up his picture is there

6.Daniel Negreanu Sometimes I belive he knows what cards your holding before their dealt

7.Jon Juanda Just a good steady player with no weaknesses

8.Johhny Chan Anyone with that many bracelets has to be there

9.Phil Helmuth He is a cariacture of himself but he holds the most bracelets

lol cant get better than this classic tv poker list.

2, maybe 3 people on this list would be worthy of the "toughest" wsop final table....

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I borrowed some summaries and edited etc., here is my distillation:

Phil Hellmuth - one of the best NLHE donkament players in the world. Period.

Tom Dwan - Internet Phenom; crazier than Gus (plays 70% of hands??).

Chris Ferguson - exceptional tournament player, hard to read, solid.

Phil Ivey - Unreadable and unbeatable when on a roll.

Doyle Brunson - Can still push those kids around. Amazing bluff power, and a real intuitive (gut) player who can assess players and situations; he has seen them all..

Daniel Negreanu - Can read minds and see through cards while telling jokes.

Johnny Chan - I like the smell of oranges. :)

Barry Greenstein - Table needs a rock.

Dan Harrington - Put another rock behind.

Actually, answered wrong. Tuff playahs sure, but it is actually a Dream Table. I will drop Greenstein or Harrington, and put myself in Seat 3 with Dwan to my right and Ferguson left. He he he. :rolleyes:

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody's mentioned Allen Cunningham, but I think he is really one of the best players in the world. He's been absolutely amazing every time I've seen him play, and I think he's underrated because he doesn't do many interviews/TV shows. Opinions?

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^Agreed. He's easy to forget, unfortunately.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like OP is packing some heat for durrr. His list includes his idol Tom Dwan and then everyone else is on the list cause they are either a reflection of Tom Dwan, almost as good as Tom Dwan, is going to be the next Tom Dwan, or could hopefully give Tom Dwan a run for his money. Tom Dwan

Have I said his name enough. And yes I do agrre he is an awesome player, but I think a final table would be tougher with a mix of players. I think it would be harder to play on a table with only 2 or 3 Dwan clones and not 8.

lbcchild

lbcchild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nine Person Final Table

1, Allen Cunningham- This player should be on everyone's list! He has the ability to read into your soul.

2, Chris "Jesus" Ferguson- His ability to adapt to whatever comes gives him a huge advantage over any player.

3, Daniel Negreanu- I hate to put him on the list because he on everyone else's list but, there's a reason why he's on everyone's list...his overall game is Trump tight.

4, Scotty "the prince of poker" Nguyen- My favorite player period! He can push you off hands with amazing bluffs, can read you like a book given ample time and can really play "hollywood" to throw you off your reads. Plus, he is just damn entertaining to watch.

5, Phil Gordon- Phil has the ability to go under the radar which allows him to move up the pay ladder and amass huge stacks. He picks his spots very well only risking a sizeable bulk of his chips when the situation calls for it or if he has the "nuts". This allows him to steal the blinds whenever he wants. By the time you notice he's there...it's too late!

6, "Action" Dan Harrington- Quite simply, you need the "nuts" to send him home. I like him because his game is very similar to mine. He's a serious grinder who has the patience to wait out the grim reaper!

7, Paul Wasicka- A great solid player who can come at you from any angle with great success.

8, Huck Seed- Next to Allen Cunningham, these two players scare the crap out of me. Like Negreanu, Seed has the ability to disarm you at times when you really shouldn't. He then is able to read you with great accuracy and exploit your weaknesses. You might be able to beat him in a cash game before he gets a chance to read you but, in a tournment...you are a dead man.

9, Phil Hellmuth- Forget his annoying personality, what a second...YOU CAN'T. In addition to his overall game and record his personality really does give him a bit of an edge. Players are scared to play against him for numerous reasons. He will totally demean you in front of everyone, get you so pissed that you'll go on tilt or leave the table, distract you from the table by annoying someone else or play mind games by making everyone think he's on tilt by talking about how bad he's playing. All of these reason will cause one thing to happen which will help him win...alter your game. There's a reason why he holds the most WSOP wins!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Gus Hansen: makes it very hard for ANYONE at the FT, especially if you are out of position vs. him...

2. Barry Greenstein: probably THE best poker player on the planet, lol @ anyone calling him a "rock"

3. Eric Seidel: a fking ANIMAL who might have invented LAAAAGG

4. Phil Ivey: universally recognized as one (if not THE) best...

5. Johnny Chan: seems to know when to trap, when to bluff, when.. everything... excellent record vs. both amateurs and pros.

6. Antonio Esfandiari: laugh all u want @ this pick, but I will claim that he is far better of a hand reader than everyone's fav calling station DN [not on anyone's list yet?!?]... very spooky

7. ME. I'm a monster... you have no idea.... really, you have NO idea...

8. Todd Brunson: how anyone can pick his dad over him is inconceivable to me. He is a monster, capable of playing rock tight or uber looose, depending on the situation.

9. random internet donk: dangerous because of his AWESOME luck

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think Ivey, Hellmuth, Chan and Brunson are shoe-ins.

I'd add Devilfish, Scotty, Fossilman, Juanda, Demidov and Negreanu for my 10 .

Argument for Durr, Annette, Pearljammer etc to be there, but not quite proven in live tournaments imho..

Close runs for me would include many of those listed above, but also Kravchenko, De Wolfe and Mercier.

If a limit or mixed game, then Greenstein, Seidel, Men Nguyen, Giang and Chiu have to be considered.

Who could deny Lisandro a place based on current form?

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think Ivey, Hellmuth, Chan and Brunson are shoe-ins.

Ivey/Hellmuth yes, Chan isn't the best anymore but still very good so maybe. And Brunson... well Doyle is definitely not keeping up with the top pros now and I haven't seen enough of Todd to say.

I'd add Devilfish, Scotty, Fossilman, Juanda, Demidov and Negreanu for my 10 .

I don't know if any of these players would be on my top 10. Maybe Juanda.

Argument for Durr, Annette, Pearljammer etc to be there, but not quite proven in live tournaments imho..

I can live with that.

Close runs for me would include many of those listed above, but also Kravchenko, De Wolfe and Mercier.

Eh.

If a limit or mixed game, then Greenstein, Seidel, Men Nguyen, Giang and Chiu have to be considered.

I think we're talking about NLHE, so I could. And I think Greenstein and Seidel are the only ones there I would consider for a top 10.

^^

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu
Mike Matusow
Ivan Demidov
Johnny Chan
Antonio Esfandiari
Gus Hansen
Slam Dunkin Vitaly Lunkin
Joe Hatcham
Dan Harrington

Simple i like this guys And I will support them!

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I take it your knowledge of professional players is based on events aired on TV. Research my list of players before you make your assumption. You may very well reconsider your comments about these guys.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^Lol thats a very interesting list ldo. like seriously? Scott Fischman? Alex Jacob?? Gavin Griffin?? lol the most hilarious one is David Williams ldo, that guy just continues to piss me off.

heres mine

Seat 1Tom Dwan just ask durrr bout the mirron dollar swing concept
Seat 2Phil Galfond hes cool plus hes sik good.
Seat 3KRANTZ lol its krantz, one of the best nl players obv.
Seat 4Scott Seiver (mastrblastr) proteges now elite obv just look at matrblastr
Seat 5Phil Ivey hes ivey and hes pretty sick
Seat 6Zach Hall blingblangblaow so obvious. hes a steady eddy on table ratings ship it.
Seat 7Ariel Schneller FWF is pretty awesome. he freestyle raps, he has his own tv commercial.
Seat 8aaron jones uh its aejones. helloooooooo
Seat 9Slam Dunkin Vitaly Lunkin who wouldve thought someone thats a loser at halfstacking 200nl online would be so sick. lol

^i dont care what any of you say, this would be the sickest final table ever. and i do have a lot of reasons

but yeah i dunno why all you people are choosing nits and stuff. like they'd prob just end up playing god awful and making "sick laydowns" lol.

Your compiled listing is indeed most impressive out of all members who've posted here to date. I take it that you jump in and out of Pocketfives.com regularly. Again, this is my humble opinion of tough opposition. There isn't the need to get all up and rowdy in this piece.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Your compiled listing is indeed most impressive out of all members who've posted here to date. I take it that you jump in and out of Pocketfives.com regularly. Again, this is my humble opinion of tough opposition. There isn't the need to get all up and rowdy in this piece.

thanks for the compliment, i really wasnt trying to sound rowdy or anything, i was just being sarcastic and stuff, sorry if it came across mean and such.

as for P5's i have an accnt there and everything, but havent really posted there(although i do look at some stuff there every so often). I post a lot on 2p2 forums tho.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1-3) Helmuth, Greenstien, and Ivey have to be here without a doubt.
4) Ide like to see E-dog in it as well because when hes on hes up there with the Phils and Barry on a normal day.
5) Gus Hansen
6) Johnny Chan because with that many bracelets hes got to have a shot at any WSOP event.
7) Negreanu if you could get him to shutup and just play his game
8) D. Brunson just because the mans a legend
9) And any of the hot lady poker pros just to give the people something to look at and maybe a little distaction for the guys.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
1-3) Helmuth, Greenstien, and Ivey have to be here without a doubt.
4) Ide like to see E-dog in it as well because when hes on hes up there with the Phils and Barry on a normal day.
5) Gus Hansen
6) Johnny Chan because with that many bracelets hes got to have a shot at any WSOP event.
7) Negreanu if you could get him to shutup and just play his game
8) D. Brunson just because the mans a legend
9) And any of the hot lady poker pros just to give the people something to look at and maybe a little distaction for the guys.

this thread i think is for the 'toughest' final table lol. i dont think any lady poker pro deserves to be here. if there had to be a lady pro at the table, vanessa selbst imo

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also think its hilarious that anyone would call Barry a rock...fantastic player

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the compliment, i really wasnt trying to sound rowdy or anything, i was just being sarcastic and stuff, sorry if it came across mean and such.

as for P5's i have an accnt there and everything, but havent really posted there(although i do look at some stuff there every so often). I post a lot on 2p2 forums tho.

It's all good, you're forgiven. Strength in numbers - let's stay unified as a forum.

WSOP