72 Hours No Sleep (Poker)

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So some of you may or may not be aware one of the major training sites was giving away everything for free for three days. this is normally very expensive material which costs a lot which you can only get by buying solvers signing up to very expensive training sites or paying a lot for a coach all very expensive.

to make the most of this I have sacrificed sleep taking the odd power nap my total sleep in 72 hours has been less then four hours I should be asleep now the promo has ended but I am wired on energy drinks and waiting for caffeine to wear off. I am wondering why I am not hallucinating at this point but actually feel alright.

I guess I am more determined then before to succeed at poker and had to make the most of this opportunity.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sleep is an important part of our life, so every day you need to sleep for 8 hours. This is a short-term prospect of improving your capabilities, but in practice, the results in sleeping people are higher than in people who were in a state of prolonged wakefulness, you harm the body more than you benefit.

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire your dedication! I missed out on it, just saw that it was free as it was ending. I do wonder how much information you were actually absorbing by the end on so little sleep though? :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So some of you may or may not be aware one of the major training sites was giving away everything for free for three days. this is normally very expensive material which costs a lot which you can only get by buying solvers signing up to very expensive training sites or paying a lot for a coach all very expensive.

to make the most of this I have sacrificed sleep taking the odd power nap my total sleep in 72 hours has been less then four hours I should be asleep now the promo has ended but I am wired on energy drinks and waiting for caffeine to wear off. I am wondering why I am not hallucinating at this point but actually feel alright.

I guess I am more determined then before to succeed at poker and had to make the most of this opportunity.
I am sure that sometimes when interesting events are held, you can sacrifice sleep ( I personally do this when participating in a marathon) , but you need to take very good care of your health!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Congratulations on dedicating yourself to poker like this, I wouldn't have done that, it's a health risk but if you thought it was good for you ... maybe it was helpful!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't ruin yourself .Only a good rest will lead you to further results!Many years of experience in the game will tell you how to play individually.and that you know and still study it well.Live forever-learn forever!

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
obviously I was not playing poker during this time. I learned quite a bit and did take a few power naps along the way.

This was a one off because of the circumstances its not something I plan on repeating on the regular.

Its funny when your mind goes back to events months and years ago. I remember that ridiculous bluff that good player made against me in live tournament years ago that he showed that embarrassed me, it seemed so illogical at the time it makes sense now.

Another thing that I find embarrassing several months ago I got into a high stakes tournament for free after winning a free roll satellite. I made it in deep and was doing very well until I lost most of my stack against a complete fish who kept doing this really stupid play over and over. I sharkscoped him and he had very impressive stats this made no sense. Well they covered exactly what he was doing and it turns out the vast majority of the poker community do things wrong there and he was actually doing it correctly I was wrong he was right.

It just highlights one big thing. If someone does something utterly stupid at a poker table berating them is really silly. Most of the time it is the fact that they are a bad player and how does pointing that out help in anyway? However a small percentage of the time it turns out that in fact they are a decent player and its you who dont understand at which point your just making yourself look like an idiot.

A lot of the really good players who seem like gods that read your souls no longer look that way anymore I saw a window into how they are doing it. I wont be able to implement it for some time its going to require a lot of study but I now see what I need to study and this no longer looks complicated it just involves daily practice and improving over time.

I believe long term this is going to make a massive positive difference to my win rate. This wont happen right away I have just been shown the door now, but I have to walk through it and their is a mountain to climb the over side.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Oh, it's tough) I remember playing a tournament of some kind and did not sleep because of it for about 10 hours + then I played tournaments like this and the result was about 30 hours (

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who are willing to go that extra mile are the ones who succeed,,,, ;) keep going,,,

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG well done! I love my sleep too much to do that, but good for you! Much success!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Take it easy, because it is through sleep that memory (connectivity between neurons) is consolidated.

tenor.gif

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow 72 hours without a decent sleep is quite remarkable. I can't even manage 36 hours of no sleep. I even struggle to play poker for more than 8 hours per day.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably ok to do this once in a while. Im sure there is some long term benefit. Good luck with the training

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after 25-30 hours without sleep, my brain stops working as if i was very drunk

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Incredible I admire your dedication, I need to sleep yes or yes, I think that after 24 hours my head would no longer resist. I'm very happy for you, successes!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know You are young.

You can do somethings that old guys can't do.

GL to u.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations player!
These are the opportunities that build your luck! You can safely say that by winning a tournament, you worked on your luck for 72 hours and only 4 hours of rest!

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope you have already learned many things from these sites. Although I know these sites have many useful things like solvers, open charts,..., I think free download poker ebooks, articles (upswingpoker,.. ) and videos (youtube, twitch, ...) are enough to become a good poker player if you are serious and work hard.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything you need to learn and improve your skills is on our forum, around the clock and for free. So you can take your time. All you really need is patience and perseverance.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Concentration is necessary for learning. A tired and sleepy man will not absorb much. My opinion is that you would have learned more if you had slept at the usual rhythm and the part of the training that you would follow after resting would have done better for you.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is so unhealthy. I think the longest I have ever gone without sleep was around 30 hours. I have gone 24 hours more than I would like to mention. It is never a good thing and is just as damaging to my mental health as it is to my physical health. The body and mind need rest.

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep is an important part of our life, so every day you need to sleep for 8 hours. This is a short-term prospect of improving your capabilities, but in practice, the results in sleeping people are higher than in people who were in a state of prolonged wakefulness, you harm the body more than you benefit.
When I was a student I guess I could sleep 8 hours for a week)

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful with those energy drinks. They may taste good, but they can be deadly!

F

Fenri77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You will be fine unless turning ON any poker software right now :D Just take those 72 hours with you to the 'dreams world' and let it to ripen it down in your mind :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow..I would never be able to do what you did, but I guess it shows how motivated you are to be a better poker player. Hope you’ve learned a lot.