6max Tourneys

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's played them? My schedule just cleared up this afternoon and I'm considering playing event #1 of the WCOOP, a 6max tourney. Not sure who's played in them and how different they are. I'm decent at 6max cash but not sure how it changes when it's 6max like 30 BBs deep.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just like going from fr to 6 max cash, just loosen up ur play and widen ur range

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have fun staying up for 20 hours if you make it really deep :p

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually very laggy early and some fantastic deep blind battles late on. I've had some good finishes in the $44 6 max late afternoon here.

Stacks get nice and big relative to the blinds in the mid-late game.

Should be fun :)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually very laggy early and some fantastic deep blind battles late on. I've had some good finishes in the $44 6 max late afternoon here.

Stacks get nice and big relative to the blinds in the mid-late game.

Should be fun :)

Well my stack is going the wrong way for that to happen :(.

I

IlovePoker12345

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6max tourneys are good ;)
I like them better, faster play and stuff.

They are cool.

R

rockpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tournaments from fullring same that 6max, I get Successful executions in 6 max with same strategy that fullring. very tight in early phase and more loose in next phases.

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6max tourneys

I personally do not like 6 max tables. I have played in several 6 max tourneys and been at least somewhat successful. You do have to play a little looser with the starting hands and remember the big then to me is that there is less of a chance someone hit the flop. Be a little bolder if you hit the flop and there are no flush or straight draws on the board.;)

KidFlopadelic

KidFlopadelic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6 max cash and trnys, I dont make too many adjustments though.

I vary fast and loose to selective with position in both, I find the 6 max trnys to be pretty wild in the beginning so maybe I'll nit it for the 1st few rounds

TRB1965

TRB1965

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max are my favorites. I tend not to vary my play all that much. I just let the fact that I'm in position more often be a kind of automtatic adjustment.

That usually works fairly well for me. I cash the 6-hand MTTs about 10% more than the 9/10-handed MTTs.