Is 5 minutes break long enough?

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when as gets always different sometimes I think a break sometimes a long break is not enough time to do her business.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yes, it gives me long enough to do what I need to do. any longer and it would make an already long mtt even longer.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, there are 5 minutes very little for a break in the long tournaments in which you play for 5-6-7-8 hours,
it would be fine if every 2 or 3 -4 hours would be used 10-15 -20 minutes and it's normal for a break!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The idea is interesting, you should write to the support of pokerstars, such a lunch break is a good idea for expensive and two-day tournaments.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The idea is interesting, you should write to the support of pokerstars, such a lunch break is a good idea for expensive and two-day tournaments.

US player.... PokerStars is dead to me!!! Lol

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am comfortable with 5 minute breaks. If I think I need more time, I just take my laptop with me.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min break can go by pretty darn fast. Boil the kettle have a smoke, pee, and you're pushing it.

On the other hand the longer you're away from playing poker, you might mentally check out for a bit.

All and all, I say 5 min break is all right. If you just gotta do something, then Sit Out Next Hand, or retire for the afternoon/day. Or go all-in every hand.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need more than 5 minutes to have a clear mind set to keep the game going at your best to make better decisions. Is always good to stop when fatigue arrives.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the tournaments are delayed until late at night, then these 5 minutes can be too long, when sleep presses on you better not to stop the game at all

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion this is quite enough. In order to brew your own coffee or smoke a cigarette or go to the toilet. But if you go in the top or vice versa with a short stack and the bubble is already close this is a lot.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me 5 minute break a little in order to relax. Yes for about 15 minutes while the tea boils and go to the toilet,clip view, to focus on the game.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
of course it is, if you need it longer, take it

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes it is only time to pee and drink water

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, it depends on which poker site I am playing. I can play Pokerstars on my tablet, so I can do more things during the break, and not miss a hand when play begins again....nothing worse than getting back to the table to find that you missed the first hand, and it folded your pocket aces.
I can't seem to find other poker sites that are ipad compatible.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 minutes is enough. And even for a beginner, otherwise tournaments are pulled too long. And in the end it will become even more difficult to diag play the tournament on the final table

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes 5 minutes is not enough you have to go to sitout

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5-minute break very successful idea Internet of poker. he acts as well for mtt sng. it is good that breaks go always to one and too time, and to all poker rooms. the break is less than 5 minutes obviously a little, but also any more it isn't necessary.

Flgturco

Flgturco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutos é otimo .

Friends (a)
I think it's great 5 minutes ta perfect.
There can be a very long range to end up losing the focus of the game.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What 5 minute break? On 888 it's supposed to be 6.. but people keep using their time bank on the last hand and you get only 1-3 mins, max.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five minute break isn't long enough if your a smoker and have to go out side to smoke. It usually takes about seven to ten minutes to smoke a cigarette. It is long enough to go to the restroom. I would like it to be ten minutes long though. I think ten minutes is a good enough time to make something to eat real quick. It basicly comes down to each players prefrance. Best of luck in life and on the felts to everybody.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather there weren't breaks and players would do their goofy stalling. It's all irrating at best.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think also that it is too short, and too long. Depending if I have to go to the rest room or not. A good bit of the time I am playing on different sites, and they don't match up. In that case they are way too long, I will be on break from one, get back and the other starts the break.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe 5 min, 10 min, 5 min, 10 min... something like that.

alexkit13

alexkit13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is the optimal break because it is not long and not short for me!)