3 strikes and you're out...

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mentioned I would start doing this at some point. It's 3 strikes and you're out. I mean, I buy in once; then I'm only allowed 2 rebuys at any table.

Short term it's working like a charm. But is it good practice long term? Maybe I should never rebuy/reload, but it's hard to resist(maybe impossible?) after a bout of insane suckage. I just tell myself I can play around their "style" ya know?

Ah yes I'm starting to feel like a carrot in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Only I think Phoebe Cates' carrot was a lot happier than I've been lately.

Anyway, 3 strikes and I'm out. What I'm hoping it does is prevent honest to goodness tilt. So if I combine it with good BR management(I'm obsessed), it should work right?

I must be leaving something out though. Somebody? Anybody?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil ivey does something similar to that when he plays online
i think it is a good thing to practise

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been doing that and it's been working fine for me. I find that if I ever get down to the 3rd buyin that it sparks some super momentum in me and I usually can get back to break even or slight profit. If I lose all 3 (it's happened a few times), I shut off the computer and come back later. Thus controlling my tilt.