2nd Monitor?

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So basically, I want to hook up a computer monitor to my laptop and split the screens, instead of my laptop screen being displayed on both. I have a new roommate this semester, so my TV is gone..I figured I could use this to watch shows on, and also to multi-table. Does anyone know how this is done?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not hard, as long as your video card supports it you can pretty much just plug the cord in the back of your laptop and that's all you have to do. Not difficult at all to do.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your computer should have an option where you can mirror your screen, or display separte or just the larger monitor, I don't know where it would be in your comp, but Id start with display options in your control panel. Just keep looking till you find it and change it. :)

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd right-mouse-click a blank area on the desktop and look for the split screen option under "Settings."

fin2head

fin2head

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the operating system you are using and the video card in the laptop. If you laptop is say less than 2 yrs old should be no problem.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, thanks. On a side note, does anyone know of a place to get a decent flat screen monitor? Any particular website or brand? I am thinking in the 300$ range..I know nothing on the topic, so this price may be not even possible..

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pricewatch.com has listings of the cheapest stuff. It carries listings where stores get listed by cheapest price.

tigerdirect.com and newegg.com are also well known for being cheap.

K

KidMoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i'd go newegg.com

You can get a 22" monitor for about 250, might not be the greatest but it will get the job done. Higher the resolution of the monitor, the more tables you can add