This is getting interesting.

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Way to play AA and get paid off!!! Scary tho!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a night. Stayed up 2am til 8.30 with mates, hooked up a laptop to a screen and all sat in the corridor watching. 2 of us lasted. Now I get to write about it and get some much needed sleep :)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was a crazy long HU match. AQ vs Q9 all in hand killed Staszko. Kinda crazy call to make with the flush draw/gutshot and funny that neither had a pair. Gotta wear you down playing for so long for such a huge amount of money though.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So long I got to take a 90 nap and when I woke there was little change in stacks.

The whole thing boils down to one quick decision Stasko made, (almost snap) calling with that flush draw (the AQ vs Q9s hand). Up to then he had played great, I got the feeling watching it that he had just got fed up with how long this was taking. It was a bit notable that just before that hand Heinz had sort of perked up. He had looked real draggy much of the time, like he was in the grips of the dreaded drag monkey or something.....

Loose passive is the way I would describe both players. Loose pre, nittish post flop, till the endurance factor played.

Benbaa's snap shove on the 4th hand still mystifies me, absolutely out of character. Up till then he had always left himself an escape.

I may, in the future, prefer the edited version.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ben Lamb is an Aria reg so everyone in the poker room here was pulling for him. Reportedly he is a very nice guy - they all love him here.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ben Lamb is an Aria reg so everyone in the poker room here was pulling for him. Reportedly he is a very nice guy - they all love him here.

Here? Are you there?

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Along with the Play I was pretty impressed with Antonio Esfandiari's commentating.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Along with the Play I was pretty impressed with Antonio Esfandiari's commentating.

I dunno... he missed almost every read. Missing play calls. I think he was off.

Now Norman... what can I say? Norman's the man.

-

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GG Martin...

When I went to bed about 1AM local time around hand 110-115 of heads up play, Pius was down to about 20BB and looked really defeated... guess he caught a couple of hands.

From a publicity point of view - I'm glad Pius won. He will be so much more visible and accessible as an ambassador to the game. Not to ding Martin, but he had the television presence of a paper bag. The language barrier would have been a problem too.

Hell of a grind though...

I liked Antonio - he was right on about 60% of his reads - and acknowledged that he has never made a final table at the ME. The biggest problem all of the commentators had was that this was 7+ hours of live television. How many times could you plug the Rio, or show the rail singing songs without boring the holy crap out of people?

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

OK... that screams out "picture" time... Have they changed the plaque or renamed it yet?

Attachments

• Ivey's room.jpg
    Ivey's room.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 25
lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
watching the tourney with the 15 minute lag was really interesting. I hope ESPN broadcasts it the same way next year.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno... he missed almost every read. Missing play calls. I think he was off.

Now Norman... what can I say? Norman's the man.

-

I agree I like Norman too. But i do think Antonio was good. His reads were not that bad off plus youre talking some huge hand ranges when it got down to 4 handed. I imagine most of us would agree that putting those guys on hands would be very difficult.

WSOP Organize a Home Poker Game