SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2009:
-My Highest Rank on OPR with 97.95%, $900 profit, $3000 winnings, with a $5 ABI. (Didn't start winning until last 3 months of year)
-Becoming more patient.
-Made some big laydowns, I never would have done before.

2010:
-Hit 99% on OPR.
-Hit a big cash in a tournament ($1000+)
-Play in some major tourneys (Sunday Million, etc)

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2009:
-cashed in 8 of the 14 live tourneys I played
-maintained a substantial net profit playing live limit poker
-joined PPA
-became a member of CardsChat, perhaps one of the best decisions in my poker life :)
-actually cashed in 2 CC events!

-refine my online skills
-purchase and learn to work with PT3 under the expert tutelage of TriggaLos
-master chip shuffling and other tricks without having to cut my fingernails or destroy my manicure
-hit a bad beat jackpot again playing live: I'm due :)

Last edited:
keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goals in 2010:

Win $1000 playing freerolls across the varies sites.

Play more no limit cash games.

Learn to play RAZZ(better) and PLO.

Earn(at least) BRONZE status on FT Iron Man and Silver status on poker stars.

Play Money: win 10 million on UB, Full Tilt, and Poker Stars for fun and bonuses

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2009 Accomplishments

nothing really...except join and become an active member of a forum.

2010 Accomplishments

to make bad all the money i depositted into poker rooms and maybe to earn a little on the side :)

lupefan

lupefan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accomplishments and Goals

In 2009:

-I started up online poker, I had never played before.
-After depositing small amounts and going broke, decided to take it seriously and deposited 210 into PS!
-Ended the year a winner on PS! Loser on FT tho...

For 2010:
-Move from 10NL to 100NL
-Play 30,000 hands a month of consistent 5-10ptbb winning poker.
-Stop getting so attached to TPTK and overpairs on wet boards!
-Post more on cardschat, read more compilations of 6max and overall poker.

Happy new year guys, to all best of luck, lets make it a winning year!

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 2009:

-I started up online poker, I had never played before.
-After depositing small amounts and going broke, decided to take it seriously and deposited 210 into PS!
-Ended the year a winner on PS! Loser on FT tho...

For 2010:
-Move from 10NL to 100NL
-Play 30,000 hands a month of consistent 5-10ptbb winning poker.
-Stop getting so attached to TPTK and overpairs on wet boards!
-Post more on cardschat, read more compilations of 6max and overall poker.

Happy new year guys, to all best of luck, lets make it a winning year!

you play 10nl stakes?

burton_boy

burton_boy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I've been gone from CC for the entire year I believe, and Poker in general for that matter so I figure this is a good thread to start back up with...

2009 - Took somewhat of a Poker hiatus and joined the US Army
Cashed for over 1k in a live tourney in Blackhawk

2010 - Get back into to playing large MTT's
Work on my BRM skills especially for ring games
Don't die in Afghanistan

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-Started playing poker online.
-Found an joined CC, by far my Fav Forum! and best for sure!
-Built a BR to lose it everytime...no brm skills yet :( or self control...
-Made a couple Final Tables at micros Mtt's. 2x @ .10 rebuy on FTP
and Final Table in Check Raising the Devil freeroll for a BOOK!!
-Cashed in 2 of the FTOPS events!!!:cool:
-Used trials of HEM & PT3, but no purchase yet.
-Bought HoH cash games vol1 and read half of it, then reread it and understood alot more the second time aorund!..hehe
-Send letters throuh PPA to congress and state, and joined PPA of course.

***By Far my Greatest Achievement of 2009 has nothing to do with poker...

I saved my own life in January 2009. Ever since I was 16 I started hanging with the"wrong crowd" and lived everyday like a party. I let my life got out of control with addictions, and I was on the path of becoming a career criminal and in and out of jail since I was 18. My eighteenth birthday present was a month in jail from the judge, and after that I went back to jail multipe times that year, spending more than 1/2 of my first year as a legal adult caged like the animal I was. Let me tell you one thing, when they say once your in the system you'll never get out..... well thats true, cuz I was on probation from age 16-21, and not just for 1 case, but after the first I had many, I acctually had 7 open cases with 1 probation officer at one point... It seemed that I would never get off probation. Since I couldn't smoke weed because of drug tests, I started doing the harder drugs more and more, as those get out of your system much faster than marijuana.. which can take a whole month if you smoke everyday. I realized heroin and cocain only take a few days to get out of your system... so being the addict/self medicator that I am it seemed the only drugs I could do were those if I wanted to be able to pass a drug test... HORRIBLE decision, as I now know. So I acctually never was clean, and eventually ordered a whizzinator(fake male genetalia that urinates clean pee for you) so I could smoke weed also and get away with it. So I ducked and dodged my way off probation eventually by moving to another state, as Virginia doesnt transfer probation to other states, so they released me off supervised probation, and was just on unsupervised meaning that if I didn't get in trouble for 2 years than my suspended jail time would just go away. Well I ened up moving around alot, thinking I will not be able to get any drugs in a new town since I didn't know anyone, so I will stay clean. So I would move and stay clean for a month, and then eventually fall right back into my addictions, whether alcohol, cocain, heroin, pills... I always seemed to be abusing 1, and eventually it would lead to the mixture of all of them together. So in 2008 I had moved back to Virginia again, Richmond Virginia. I had been living on the road preiously following music festivals and concerts around the coutry on and off, and It was about to be winter so I found a way to get a hotel room weekly. Well the hotel/motel had half of it shut down because of a mass murder, where a guy shot his family over drugs. As you can imagine, this hotel was probably not the best place for me, as anything and everything I could abuse was readily available to me, and the best quality of heroin I had ever found, and pretty cheap too, was dealt from the next room over... So once again I went on a binge, and before I realized it I was worse than I had ever been, not being able to function, or even get out of bed without my fix, AND getting my fix did not get me high anymore, it would only keep me from getting sick, and make me feel normal. I didn't even realize it was hapenening again, until it was too late. So I was in a downward spiral, and probably reached the lowest point in my life. My daily routine became waking up, going to Best Buy or a variety of other department stores, and would steal XBOX PS3 & WI games, then going to game stop or a pawn shop and reselling them for 10-20$. I acctually got caught in Best Buy, and somehow didnt go to jail, but had to go to court at a later date. This was just before christmas of 2008. I realized that if I don't stop I am going to end up in jail, or 6 feet under, and I did not want that. AND my girlfriend was along with me, and had become a addict as well, and she had never tried drugs before she met me. I felt horrible for that, and knew I had to straighten my life out, to save my relationship with her, and my family who had pretty much let me go, because I had never accepted any help from them in the past, or had and ended up just using my family. I would pretty much tell them what they wanted to hear, to get em off my back, and to get money from them.
So I finally admitted to my mother that I had been using heroin, and I realy want help. THIS IS SOMETHING I HAD NEVER DONE... I had always pretended like I wanted help, but in the back of my mind always had plans to use again. So January 22nd I had an appointment with a Suboxone doctor. Suboxone is a fairly new drug, which pretty much eliminates withdrawl symptoms, so you can live life without the monkey on your back for a while. It's like methadone, but doesnt get you high, or at least doesnt get me high. I believe if you were not a opiod addict than yes it would get you high. So since Jan 22nd of 2009 I have been on the suboxone. Yes I did relapse at first, thinking oh maybe I can get high sometimes, and use the suboxone when I wanna stop or take a break, and I won't get sick. Well that definitly doesn't work like that, and when I did relapse, it was no fun and made me feel like an idiot because I had ruined all the clean time that I had achieved, and did not even feel good when I got high. Well I have been clean since that last relapse. Yes I do smoke marijuana, and my suboxone doctor is aware, thats another hurdle I will cross eventually, but not the biggest of my problems.

So my greatest goal that I achieved in 2009 was finally getting off all the hard drugs I had been abusing, and starting to get my life back on track. My sister and I have become friends again, my mother and I have a better relationship, and my father still doesn't understand, and probably never will, but thats because he has never been involved in my life except for the occasional weekend hunting trip, yes my parents are married still...but thats another story for another day...

-I want to play in more CC events.
-I want to work on my cash game skills, and plan to focus on those alot.
-Follow my BRM, an try to keep a nice BR.
-Buy HoH cash games vol 2, and finish reading it.
-Also probably buy HoH tourney series also. And work on mtt's later in the year, also the Sit N Go book by Colin, and work on sng's eventually also.
-Buy HEM, or PT3.
-Work on getting a BR on stars as well as keeping one on ftp.
-STAY CLEAN! and go back to college and finish where I left off!

burton_boy

burton_boy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats Vfranks, that is no easy task to do, but is well worth it in the end. I have a very close family member who just went through the same type of thing two years ago, and now works at the rehab center they attended helping others get clean.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently running ice cold and have lost $40 of my $100 deposit. It would really nice if i could win an important race for once.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A of course.

***By Far my Greatest Achievement of 2009 has nothing to do with poker...

-snip-

-STAY CLEAN! and go back to college and finish where I left off!

WTG Vfranks - one of my best friends died from H a few years ago .

He started smoking weed age 14 , took all kinds of pills, speed, cocaine, valium and lsd and could never step back or realize that he was going down.

At some point my brother and I told him that we couldn't watch that anymore and told him to get help as we couldn't cope anymore.

1/2 a year later he died.

Cudos for telling your mom and pulling yourself up at your own hair - that's a great task done.

Stay clean and good luck in going back to college.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some phenomenal achievements itt - wtg VFranks, and thank you burton_boy.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vfranks best achievement ITT, well done sir, keep it up!

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks. Didn't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but what was supposed to be a couple sentences turned into alot of sentences before I knew it.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2010 Goals (brief):
- Play shorter sessions (1hr or less) to prevent tilt.
- Play at least 10K hands of each HORSE game above $1/$2.
- Diversify my bankroll across 3 sites.

lupefan

lupefan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah

you play 10nl stakes?

Well I did to start the new year, now im playing 25nl since i got my BR up to 430 in the last few days, but if i drop to maybe 325-350 ill go back to 10nl. Already got silver stat, and MAYBE putting my hopes up to gold star if i can keep the volume up. 9000 Hands at 10/25 nl in 4 days and going strong =)

im reading a lot on 2+2 and cards of various aspects of the game, and its really helping me get an edge. of course someone calling all in with A7o vs AK on K high board also helps...

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:icon_thum burton_boy -- Your service to this country is greatly appreciated!

:icon_thum Vfranks -- Your 'greatest 2009 accomplishment' is extremely commendable, Best Wishes with continuing sobriety!

playsuji6

playsuji6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2009:
my progress of the winnings in the poker:
-----------------------------------------------

_________
\__________
\
|
|
|
\
|
-____________________________________________________

I need to be cautious at 2010, I hope this year will do some good things in me about the poker!
2010:
to win and win only!

M

marknz88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-learn to play poker

-Continuing learning (books, videos, game time)
-Become a consistently profitable cash game player starting at 2nl
-Cash for at least $100+ in at least 1 MTT
-4th quarter of year - evaluate if poker could become a 2nd income stream/semi professional option over the coming years based on current progression after 1 years work/play

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
WTG Vfranks, keep up the good thing you achieved.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the support guys. May we all accomplish our goals, and even surpass them this year! Best Wishes!

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Started playing poker for the first time in my life.
Read 3 books
Joined Cards Chat

Get myself back into the black
Spend more time reviewing my sessions
read as much as I can
STOP PLAYING THE SMALL BLIND!

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Started playing and learning poker.
Came second in a $2 MTT for $300 (biggest cash/best finish)
Moved from tournaments to cash games.

Continue grinding and learning cash.
Play at least 200k hands and aim for 500k. (I think it's reasonable atm).
Reach and consistently play 25nl, aim for 50nl.

Good luck guys.

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My main goal in 2009 was to try and increase my volume, which wasnt all together succesfull untill the back end of the year, so I dont see this been a problem in the future. I also wasn't confident at all with my game and felt I was pretty much donating $$$ before 2009. So I also wanted to gain more confidence and try to feel better about my game in general, which has now started to happen to.

Untill I read this thread I felt 2009 was a pretty shitty year but now i have thought about it, it definitely could of been alot worse, as I am now playing more, feeling a little more confident and part of a decent community here.

So I guess my goals for 2010 would be:

1. Improve my schedule, as in making sure I am playing the best games according to my ability and makeing sure I play things to reduce varience.

2. Learning and playing O8 regularly. I always wantted to learn another game but just didnt really know which one but i think i have settled with O8

3. Play some live poker

4. Continue to play decent volume for the full year.

Thats all I can think of for now. Good Luck to everyone on team achieving their goals.