2 Months 2 Million premieres Sunday - anyone watching?

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no kidding, what could be worse... maybe following around Paris Hilton or some other over-priveladged brats.:eek:

Actually, I will make a prediction here. There will be very little serious poker, and a lot of the 4 guys being over-hyped self-made brats. There will be a lot of talk about the "tilt room" and lots of partying on the strip, but very little poker. Maybe a few prop bets for amusement ... They were all ga-ga over the Playboy models (like any single 24-year-old would be).

And to make it worse, they will most likely make a game show out of it by only showing the numbers that they are winning/losing and "who's in the lead".

It would be cool to see if they would have the balls to show up in Bobby's room and make $2M in one night.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that makes no sense
they're trying to make a collective goal: make 2 million in 2 months combined, why would they need to outbest each other ? as long as one person isnt hugely slacking and not pulling his weight i dont see the problem

also trying to run it up playing out of brm in one night is pretty retarded as it is their own money and the goal is in 2 months which means a lot of serious grinding, not putting 1M on black

but yea i think theres gonna be showed a lot of fooling around and usage of the tilt room which is pretty stupid but it seems unavoidable in american shows :)

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omg, it wasn't sunday yesterday!!! lol, I thought I missed the show, and that it wasn't running again anytime soon. Wanted to find out how the first episode was, guess that's not happening yet. Setting DVR now so I don't end up needing to ask later.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 Months, $2 Million - inside the world of competitive high stakes online poker

This summer, “geeks are wild” as G4 takes viewers inside the world of competitive high stakes online poker in a new series that follows four young high IQ friends who join forces and set up shop in Las Vegas. Their challenge for themselves? To collectively earn $2 million dollars in only two months using their own money. Viewers will go inside the “war room” of this interactive dream team who play poker nearly 24/7 and experience first hand the excitement of winning big money and the agony of losing it all in a single hand. The four guys, Brian, Emil, Jay and Dani, are math whizzes turned professional poker players whose fast-paced lifestyles go well beyond the typical 20-something’s daily activities. These guys are not pursuing the usual goal of landing a 9-5 job, instead they are seeking the thrill of “the flop” and trading in the daily grind for the online grind. When they do step away from the web, it’s about experiencing all that Vegas has to offer from exclusive parties to beautiful women. The new 10-episode half-hour series “2 Months, $2 Million” (“2M2MM”) debuts August 2009 on G4.
“What makes ‘2 months, $2 million’ intriguing is the duality of the guys” said Neal Tiles, President, G4. “On the surface each comes across as just your average G4 viewer…but in reality they’re ‘sharks’ playing for keeps with big money and living a lifestyle our viewers can only dream of. This is what we intend to capture.”

Brian, Emil, Jay and Dani all met online playing on various sites and they share a passion for poker and an enormous desire to succeed. They have competed against each other many times online and know each other’s strengths and weaknesses when it comes to the game. Despite having raked in loads of prize money individually, they believe that by teaming up they have a better shot of reaching their aggressive earnings goals.

Brian is 26 and is the “elder” friend and mentor to the younger players. He likes his cars fast and his poker action faster. Brian plans to take this summer to add to his already considerable fortune and designer wardrobe. Emil is a recent NYU graduate with a degree in finance and statistics. He consistently cashes in on some of the world’s biggest poker tournaments and attributes his devastating game play to a deep understanding of statistics and game theory. Jay has been a professional poker player for the last four years and is the founder and creative director of his very own successful online training community. Jay was the biggest online winner in no-limit cash games from 2007-2008. Dani, a New York City native, is the youngest member of the team and has always been very competitive. He started like most with a $5 deposit on an online poker site and has never looked back, building his bankroll until he was playing for some of the biggest stakes around.

“2 Months, $2 Million” is produced by Park Slope Productions in collaboration with G4. Paul Reitano and Terrance Sacchi serve as Executive Producers for Park Slope Productions. Laura Civiello is Executive in Charge of Production for G4.

First episode link: YouTube - 2 Months $2 Million S01 E01 1/2 [HQ]
Part 2: YouTube - 2 Months $2 Million S01 E01 2/2 [HQ]

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hated the show... It is done poorly! Pure entertainment for people that don't really care how poker is played. I was expecting a show that would teach and show some hands played for the past week or so with some explanations, meanwhile it's just another reality tv show. Guys living in a house, money, clubs, alcohol and girls... poker?? not so much except some totals of money they made/lost and few shots of computer screens. I`m going to see episode 2 next week, and if it's going to be the same shit, i`m not going to watch it anymore. Sorry guys, my honest opinion...

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ I don't know why you expected that, the show was advertised as a lifestyle show rather than a poker strat show.

I enjoyed it and will watch upcoming episodes.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This summer, “geeks are wild” as G4 takes viewers inside the world of competitive high stakes online poker in a new series that follows four young high IQ friends who join forces and set up shop in Las Vegas. Their challenge for themselves? To collectively earn $2 million dollars in only two months using their own money. Viewers will go inside the “war room” of this interactive dream team who play poker nearly 24/7 and experience first hand the excitement of winning big money and the agony of losing it all in a single hand. The four guys, Brian, Emil, Jay and Dani, are math whizzes turned professional poker players whose fast-paced lifestyles go well beyond the typical 20-something’s daily activities. These guys are not pursuing the usual goal of landing a 9-5 job, instead they are seeking the thrill of “the flop” and trading in the daily grind for the online grind. When they do step away from the web, it’s about experiencing all that Vegas has to offer from exclusive parties to beautiful women. The new 10-episode half-hour series “2 Months, $2 Million” (“2M2MM”) debuts August 2009 on G4.
“What makes ‘2 months, $2 million’ intriguing is the duality of the guys” said Neal Tiles, President, G4. “On the surface each comes across as just your average G4 viewer…but in reality they’re ‘sharks’ playing for keeps with big money and living a lifestyle our viewers can only dream of. This is what we intend to capture.”

Brian, Emil, Jay and Dani all met online playing on various sites and they share a passion for poker and an enormous desire to succeed. They have competed against each other many times online and know each other’s strengths and weaknesses when it comes to the game. Despite having raked in loads of prize money individually, they believe that by teaming up they have a better shot of reaching their aggressive earnings goals.

Brian is 26 and is the “elder” friend and mentor to the younger players. He likes his cars fast and his poker action faster. Brian plans to take this summer to add to his already considerable fortune and designer wardrobe. Emil is a recent NYU graduate with a degree in finance and statistics. He consistently cashes in on some of the world’s biggest poker tournaments and attributes his devastating game play to a deep understanding of statistics and game theory. Jay has been a professional poker player for the last four years and is the founder and creative director of his very own successful online training community. Jay was the biggest online winner in no-limit cash games from 2007-2008. Dani, a New York City native, is the youngest member of the team and has always been very competitive. He started like most with a $5 deposit on an online poker site and has never looked back, building his bankroll until he was playing for some of the biggest stakes around.

“2 Months, $2 Million” is produced by Park Slope Productions in collaboration with G4. Paul Reitano and Terrance Sacchi serve as Executive Producers for Park Slope Productions. Laura Civiello is Executive in Charge of Production for G4.

First episode link: YouTube - 2 Months $2 Million S01 E01 1/2 [HQ]
Part 2: YouTube - 2 Months $2 Million S01 E01 2/2 [HQ]

cheers for this dude, shame the videos were removed from youtube :p

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched the first episode and I liked the show but it seems like these guys will never make 2 million within 2 months unless the online data bases are way off on the numbers on these 4 guys. It looks like they made most of there names and money in 2007. But I am still very interested in watching future shows.

Kebo11K

Kebo11K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a new "reality" show about four young high-stakes online poker pros who are living together in a house in Vegas with the goal of winning 2 million dollars in 2 months. There's a long article about it in the latest issue of Bluff, and it sounds like it might be worth watching.

Premieres this Sunday on G4TV.

http://g4tv.com/2m2mm/

What's G4TV? Channel on Direct TV?

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's G4TV? Channel on Direct TV?
G4 is Channel 310 on Direct. The next one I see is Tonight at 11:30, for some reason I can't set a "Season Pass" for the show:mad:

N

nobby1510

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as reality TV goes this sounds fantastic!!