15 Second, Hellmuth Carl Jr Commercial

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does everyone think of this old ad? I find it hilarious; great meme content :D Everything from the music/"coolness" to the fake biting into the burger lol

p.s. does anyone know what song is in the background? I'd love to find a YouTube video of that song to hear a full version. I used a song finder and it said "Fool's Gold" by a Chinese artist, but there are SO MANY songs titled Fool's Gold and the Chinese doesn't match well with Google finding things -_-

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh, btw, I encountered this commercial because Hellmuth mentioned it in his autobiography Poker Brat :D

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The music is so generic, it may be proprietary - commisionned/created for the commercial.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeez... "double down"? who wrote the copy for this ad? and why didn't they consult a poker player...

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeez... "double down"? who wrote the copy for this ad? and why didn't they consult a poker player...

"double down" yeah I know :D I'm sure the commercial was supposed to be cool/serious, but to me it is just meme-caliber and funny to watch lol

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This does not induce me to go to Carl's Jr. at all.

Compare it to one of their old ads with Kate Upton:

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This does not induce me to go to Carl's Jr. at all.

Compare it to one of their old ads with Kate Upton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdViveJYD0&ab_channel=SamKitling

lol, yeah the old Carl's Jr. ads featured girls like this a lot...I think it sort of contributes to the silliness of randomly including a poker player (and Phil Hellmuth no less). No surprise to me they seemed to go back to commercials that worked for them, if you know what I mean :D

p.s. It isn't just Carl's Jr. ads though, almost all commercials from many years ago look like amateur skits now and most commercials pre-1990s are sometimes cringe worthy. I feel like part of the reason is because technology options pre-computer for things like this were nothing like those of today. The commercials chosen also illustrates just HOW MUCH society has changed even in just a few decades (some ways worse, most things probably better, but different for certain).

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bump; anyone have any ideas to find a full version of this song please? :)

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I recently downloaded the "Shazam" App. This is the first time I've tried it. No luck.

It couldn't ID the Kate Upton music either.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not enough time for Phil to throw a burger at an opponent at the table after a loss. It would be cool.