100,000 local live tourney

karthos

karthos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I'm thinking about entering the GAPT live 100K the buy in is only $200 so the investment is only time. It's a three day tourney, I've played quite a few live tourneys and fair pretty well but i could use some advice since this is my first multi day tourney I know there are going to be some extremely experienced players battling in Daytona against me. What would you suggest for an overall strategy. Cool thing is if I make the final table it's going to live streamed ...

Last edited:
jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I'm thinking about entering the GAPT live 100K the buy in is only $200 so the investment is only time. It's a three day tourney, I've played quite a few live tourneys and fair pretty well but i could use some advice since this is my first multi day tourney I know there are going to be some extremely experienced players battling in Daytona against me. What would you suggest for an overall strategy. Cool thing is if I make the final table it's going to live streamed ...

Play with proper preflop hand selection and be extra observant. Try to find the easy areas where you can add chips to your stack with little to no resistance from the table. Sometimes live MTTs can almost be risk free with how passive the play can be. Pay attention to the automatic habits of your table and exploit the heck out of them. :)

Oh and...HAVE FUN!!!

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with proper preflop hand selection and be extra observant. Try to find the easy areas where you can add chips to your stack with little to no resistance from the table. Sometimes live MTTs can almost be risk free with how passive the play can be. Pay attention to the automatic habits of your table and exploit the heck out of them. :)

Oh and...HAVE FUN!!!

Ditto

Can't really add anything here. With the unlimited rebuys these have, be aware of the players that are willing to be more risky. There will be deep pocket players that will take bigger risks to build a stack as they have budgeted multiple reentries.

karthos

karthos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks

Thank you for the advice Maybe if I can win or at least place the wife will stop making the "you're playing poker again face" :D

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In those multi day events you really have to be patient. Hopefully the starting stacks and blinds allow it.
As stated before, be aware that players may play very loose as they are planning to either double up quick or reenter.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the advice Maybe if I can win or at least place the wife will stop making the "you're playing poker again face" :D

That won't stop even if you win a boat load of money. ;)

You just need to make sure you aren't neglecting her/other aspects of life.

I constantly remind myself not to "grind" in poker and to just play a few short games per day and to just have fun. :)

Good luck if you decide to play!!!

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Looks like a good deal. If you can afford it then go for it. Good luck

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good luck if the tournament is not done......

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good

this is a good tournament for being live with $200 buy if you are confident then it is a good gl tournament

Organize a Home Poker Game