$100,000 anybody?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't retire comfortably on 200k lol some people are ****ing delusional about money. Even $2 million is pushing it. These guys play poker for a living, and I'm relatively sure WCG has had at least one -100k day before. When you play nosebleeds you're going to experience swings. But it's possible those games are the best way to maximize hourly. And it's not like he hasn't been spending money as well. So people arguing they'd play until they could live comfortably, I personally think that number is around 5-10 million. How are you going to reach that point if you're not playing nosebleeds ever?

this +1 although your age and value of other assets also comes into the picture

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't retire comfortably on 200k lol some people are ****ing delusional about money. Even $2 million is pushing it. These guys play poker for a living, and I'm relatively sure WCG has had at least one -100k day before. When you play nosebleeds you're going to experience swings. But it's possible those games are the best way to maximize hourly. And it's not like he hasn't been spending money as well. So people arguing they'd play until they could live comfortably, I personally think that number is around 5-10 million. How are you going to reach that point if you're not playing nosebleeds ever?

I didn't do the math on the stakes and buyin's. I was just reading the amount lost and made my comment. Of course 200k isn't enough to retire on. I was thinking in the range of 1m or more. My house is paid for already. Cost of living where I am at is low. After some investing and having all of my bills paid I could live comfortably on 1 mil or a little over.

My standards may be a bit lower then yours, or my idea of comfortable is different but that's how I see it.

Last edited:
nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost 150k once on Hollywood poker/ Vince Van Patten old site. Was a very bad downfall the following months. Thanks to friends and Family I pulled through.
Sorry to hear about your loss, ive heard of hollywood poker, i think its on the ongame network, last i read, not sure if theyve changed or are still active.