Zoom vs Regular

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You have the filter turned on or incorrectly configured. Turn it off and I think that you will have more games !!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 35
X

XxDeckers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For you to have an evolution in the game you better play regular tournaments and not tournaments zoom

M

major pissadas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have the filter turned on or incorrectly configured. Turn it off and I think that you will have more games !!!!

I turned it off but the player pool is the same

KingCoin

KingCoin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I am not a fan of Zoom, just doesn't fit my style. I have much better results playing at 1 table games.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit: Besides the bad luck, I think I also play worse at zoom because I don't know my opponents.

as for me, zoom tables are more hard than regular ones cause of random opponents on them.
i also dont like zoom tables, but sometimes its the fastest way to double your stack(talking about play money)

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom still attracts bad players. Players are inpatient so this attracts them to zoom.
I had a decent win rate on zoom and saw plenty of fishy players.
Good players will win no matter the format, and bad players will lose.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is good if you want action and holdem if tou want to try hard

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can get used to everything and adapt. Get used to it and play at the zoom.

E

Explanter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you can learn to play zoom if you don't want to waste time on the cache

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a whole new world to explore. The old school poker players won't like it because it's different and their play styles are deeply rooted and generally not going to do well on a zoom table. I do consistently well playing Zoom. When you start playing just assume you're playing a brand new game but you need to learn. Kind of like a sequel LOL

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also as you can see from most of the reactions on here a lot of the veteran skilled players are avoiding it. This means that a lot more new players and Casual players which to me is Christmas. Fishing anyone? :)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer regular. Already online poker is fast paced, you do not want to make bad decision because the action is too much to handle.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also as you can see from most of the reactions on here a lot of the veteran skilled players are avoiding it. This means that a lot more new players and Casual players which to me is Christmas. Fishing anyone? :)

An objective measure of, how soft a game is, is players per flop. In Zoom games this number is typically in the mid teens, which is very low for 6-max. You can find much loser and therefore softer games at regular tables.

Part of this is because, Zoom help bad players to play less bad. When they can just Zoom on to the next hand, its not as boring for them to fold junk before the flop. Therefore you also see much less open limping in Zoom, which again is a measure of, how soft a game is. Anyone using a program like PT4 or HM2 can confirm this by running a filter in their database.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Zoom gives you no insight into your opponents style. All you do is keep folding till you see a playable pocket. This means you will be playing level one poker, ie your two cards poker, that is rather boring, and you will learn nothing.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Years ago I used to like to play a little of the zoom type poker on Full Tilt when US USA players could play there it was kind of fun if you weren't in the mood to study all your opponents you could just join and play for a little bit..... it seems like they have something like that on ACR right now but I would not play that anymore and I definitely would not plan on ACR right nowlol..... still waiting and hoping for some of the regular games I like there to come back yet