Zone Poker = candy store?

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone won more than a couple kit kats and twizzlers from playing zone or rush poker? I see that people won like 5 -7 bucks playing that but to me it just seems like a rip off. The rake is just being taken at a faster rate. It almost seems like the people that play at ACR that like the rake back and bad beat but only win 60 percent of the pot.

Last edited:
H

haihai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone won more than a couple kit kats and twizzlers from playing zone or rush poker? I see that people won like 5 -7 bucks playing that but to me it just seems like a rip off. The rake is just being taken at a faster rate. It almost seems like the people that play at ACR that like the rake back and bad beat but only win 60 percent of the pot.

I've been playing .02/.05 Zone the last 3 days and each time within an hour I usually go from $5 to at least $15. I've only lost my BI maybe 2-3 times, and each time was a suckout so nothing you can really do.

But yea, I don't know about higher stakes, but at the micros it's pretty easy to double or triple your BB if you play straight forward. I've noticed a lot of fish try to make plays with nothing, and usually check calling them with top pair works.

I would say just play straightforward TAG, and maybe play suited connectors like 56 or something cus most of the time if they miss, they just move on to next hand and you can pick up some easy money that adds up over time.

S

Skidis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let me give you a hand i was just involved as i am typing this

and this hand is not unusual for Bovada zone 5nl i am telling you

i have about $4 in my stack and i got AA, i raised to 87 cents

player with about $4 also called , and after J53 flop i bet 90 cents and he repopped all in

he has AQ

I have seen this too, lol :) The players at this type of game is bluffing a lot (I do so too). And if you are bluffing pre-flop the players do call, but if you make a C-bet after flop they usally fold. And if you have good cards, there is always one player that raises a lot with really bad hands. Both this way is easy money. But you can loose much money too of course, I know.... :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alot of mumbo jumbo . Who cares how they are playing or if someone is shoving garbage. Stick to your solid game and you will make money no doubt.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have to say ive really got the hang of this game and am finally starting to get confident in playing poker ive built my last $5 on bovada to $41 and it is indeed very easy money

RegHC23

RegHC23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is such a fun game and it is really easy and if you do like in previous posts and stick to a tight solid game. You will not doubt put yourselves in position to make money. I guess my thing is sometimes for some people that can become boring, but if you stick to it you can probably get a nice bankroll that you can use to maybe get in bigger games and bigger tournaments in the future.

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm, seems worthwhile to check out. Is this at all comparable to PS' zoom poker or FT's rush poker?! at the lower limits they also seem to have very soft players and you generally see a lot of bad mistakes being made.

C

ChipTowerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive played the zone poker few times, i play the lowest limit offered in zone poker lol. and yeah its just like FTs rushpoker. pretty fun to play but i play the lowest limits when i play the zone poker.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read to the part where you said " I raised to 87 cents"

You open raised to 87 cents at 5NL ??

Is there an auto top up feature on bovada? If so I would recommend using it.

Anyways how are cashouts on bovada? Maybe I will make a deposit there one day .

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:D read the thread 20 minutes ago came in with 2.50 im up to 11. 38m I like it

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Js you want to have 5 when you come to the table that way you get the donks to pay u off when uou have great hand .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just played again started at 2.50 again left wit 12.50 after 20 minutes im likein it.

P

Poker_Student

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking about the c bet during zone poker sessions. Would it be -EV to not Cbet on any wet boards if I have air? I mean, it's not possible for anyone to pick up betting patterns so if I don't have a hand on a scary board and just check, it won't cause them to fold to every cbet I make later, when I am strong. Wouldn't it work to not cbet the flop on wet boards and just check/fold? Or is this giving up too much fold equity to make it profitable?

P

Poker_Student

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it is true that both 6 max and 9 max tables are offered by Bovada, the 9 max tables are empty every time I look at them leaving 6 max the only games that actually run with any regularity.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always lose maybe im just not bejng nitty enough

robertgraves7

robertgraves7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loose a lot to. I stick to premium hands, but I get wrapped up in it I guess.

blackplanet

blackplanet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zone poker on bovada is interesting because you don't know who the crazies are. I've made some money on zone but mostly play bovada tournaments. The software in my opinion is kind of shitty tho so I don't play too much there.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ikr I swear your sappost to hit your set 1 in 8.5 hands probably been 20 since I hit my last set mining

MisterLongFace

MisterLongFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after continued success at 5 nl ive been trying my hand at 25 nl ZONE since a short while ago

i got my azz kicked to the tune of about $150. part of it was i just went on a horrendous bad luck streak but i compounded it with some bad play.

the downswing in variance was very unfortunate because i am also trying to learn the difference in play between the 2 levels

i am starting to get a clue about a few things though. at 25 nl i cannot overplay the big hands like i did at 5nl. there are less fish and also more players making aggressive bets when the read is difficult

the good news is there are still some bad players that i have taken advantage of, but just not as many of them. I have learned to make a few adjustments and also have had to tighten my hand selection

after going down that $150 my play has leveled out and i am inching back up but it will be awhile to make it all back up

i am wondering right now if i cannot find any bigger edge at 25 nl, whether i actually could make any more money at it because the margin has tightened so much that even with the higher stakes i may be better off at 5nl

i havent seen enough hands at this level yet to make a definitive conclusion but its whats on my mind right now

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know myself, but is going up levels through zone even a good idea? Especially on Bovada with anonymity. Maybe go to a regular table and slow it down first and figure out how the regs play at that level.