Are you using the "run it twice" option?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Called "Run It Twice", if I'm shoving a hand in which I want to use it, I select before shoving/calling.

But I rarely play online cash. If I am playing live, when someone asks me if I want to run it twice, my answer is always either "No" or "I'll run it once or three times".

Running it twice cuts down on variance, but variance is what's getting you paid, so I always opt to have one winner or one majority of the pot winner. Running it twice is a recipe for a chop pot. And while Joe Stapleton might disagree, I don't like a chop pot in cash.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Called "Run It Twice", if I'm shoving a hand in which I want to use it, I select before shoving/calling.

But I rarely play online cash. If I am playing live, when someone asks me if I want to run it twice, my answer is always either "No" or "I'll run it once or three times".

Running it twice cuts down on variance, but variance is what's getting you paid, so I always opt to have one winner or one majority of the pot winner. Running it twice is a recipe for a chop pot. And while Joe Stapleton might disagree, I don't like a chop pot in cash.
Thanks for the answer and the education, I don't know the English language, so I manage with a translator, and I don't know poker terms. I'm learning and progressing like a turtle, but it's a process, it certainly takes a lot of time. This is how it is at pokerstars where I play. Yesterday we were at the table together at the PLO tournament.

Attachments

• Run it Twice.jpg
    Run it Twice.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always have the option on. It reduces variance, which is good. I cant see any reason not to have it on as it doesnt cost anything ( unlike cash out option on pokerstars)

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I always have an option. It reduces the variance, which is good. I don't see any reason you don't have it because it costs nothing (as opposed to the option to pay out money on pokerstars)
I didn't have the pleasure of paying. Does it cost anything?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the players have bet all the money they have the option to re-deal the remaining community cards for two independent hand outcomes.
Have you checked that option?
Why did you answer Yes or No?
This is a great option for collecting additional rake.

C1ownSue

C1ownSue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
And Yes and No. I use this feature exclusively against the regular players I meet at the tables. Against new/weak, let's say stray players, I don't see much point in using it. Since if you spin twice against a regular player and win or lose, you can have many such situations against him specifically. Somewhere he wins, and somewhere you. But against a new/weak player, maybe you see him specifically in this particular hand for the last time at the table and you either win and that's it, or you lose and in 80% of cases, if not more, he will simply give in the next hand "conditionally your money" to someone else and that's it!

C1ownSue

C1ownSue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I was not even unaware of that tool
I know that this function is exactly in the GGPoker room. And I didn’t see such a function at PokerStars, but I watched how KK were placed in AA on the preflop cash tables and it was dealt twice there. I didn’t understand why it happened like that, since I definitely didn’t see the “deal twice” button on PokerStars.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I know that this function is exactly in the GGPoker room. And I didn’t see such a function at PokerStars, but I watched how KK were placed in AA on the preflop cash tables and it was dealt twice there. I didn’t understand why it happened like that, since I definitely didn’t see the “deal twice” button on PokerStars.
It's an option in the settings. Both players need to have ticked it for the cards to be dealt twice (I.e. it's something you tick in advance and leave on)

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I haven't used it until now. I'll think about including her. It's always good to hear multiple opinions and finally make a decision.
And Yes and No. I use this feature exclusively against the regular players I meet at the tables. Against new/weak, let's say stray players, I don't see much point in using it. Since if you spin twice against a regular player and win or lose, you can have many such situations against him specifically. Somewhere he wins, and somewhere you. But against a new/weak player, maybe you see him specifically in this particular hand for the last time at the table and you either win and that's it, or you lose and in 80% of cases, if not more, he will simply give in the next hand "conditionally your money" to someone else and that's it!
You don't use this option against bad players, but against good players yes. Does this mean you turn the option on and off periodically?
I was not even unaware of that tool
Now you know, so you can check it or leave it as it is, that is, it is turned off.
"Run it Twice" is called an option and is found in the PokerStars settings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the players have bet all the money they have the option to re-deal the remaining community cards for two independent hand outcomes.
If you like to go all-in preflop in a high frequency, I recommend to use this device of “run it twice”.
However, if you are a more conservative player who likes to play postflop and decide the hand most of times on the turn or on the river, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Some players use "Run it Twice" and some don't. Everyone has their own calculation.

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like using the run it twice option as it is there to reduce variance especially with online poker.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
always once variance will just play by itself

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always run it once in cash games

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, I know this option, but I don't use it, because usually there is no agreement.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please do not use it. I have always thought it is a way for the site to make more money from us and looks SO dodgy. I NEVER use it now.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry just reread, I thought it was the cash out feature. Run it twice it not so bad in my opinion as its not going to help the poker site I THINK.

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of the % , but i dont like too much to run it twice, i prefer the natural way :geek:

PockerGod

PockerGod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I feel like an option that allows you to cut down on variance without cost to any profit can only be a good thing. The benefit being that it will show you a more accurate depiction of your skill level. If you just get a ton of good luck, you might think that you are better than you are and set yourself up for a big down swing when your luck balances out. That might just be me though. Do you agree or disagree?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This method is used to smooth out volatility. A person with a huge hand won't lose easily. On average, this person is less likely to lose. However, the person with the long shot may have a better chance of winning a portion of the pot. If the poker room doesn't charge more fees for a double run, it's up to you. The purpose of a rerun is to reduce variance. And the best cure for bad running is volume. If you have been winning for a long time, then the more you play, the more you will win.I do not use it.