Won 250 BBs in 2 hands to the same guy, thanks to his photo.

Eniredir

Eniredir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PT
Chips
Hey guys, just want to share something that just happened to me in the 2nl 6 max zoom format.
UTG limps in, I look at KK in MP and raise to 3.5 BB, everyone folds and action is on UTG again who raises to 12BB. Now, normally I would not shove straight away but there's no way he limped in initially with aces right? So I shove and he calls and shows KJo. I win the pot, he had 250BB and I take 200.
I normally mark these players as yellow or something because that was a weird play, but I have no time for that as I get to the next table and find myself on the button with pocket 10s and a guy already shoved before me, 57BB. It's a gold most likely, the thing is I look at his photo and it's the same guy from the table before! I decide to just call since he might be tilting and sure enough, my 10s go up against his A7o. I win again thankfully.
For some reason I have never used a profile picture on pokerstars to be harder to identify or something I guess, and in this situation I identified Villain because of his.
What do you guys think about my shove on the first hand by the way?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's nothing wrong with all in pre flop KK heads up. You are going to run into AA sometimes, but it's rarer than finding some monkey on tilt.

Eniredir

Eniredir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PT
Chips
There's nothing wrong with all in pre flop KK heads up. You are going to run into AA sometimes, but it's rarer than finding some monkey on tilt.
Thanks for your feedback! Thankfully that's what happened this time, that format is very tight so it always scares me a little bit I guess haha.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you did the right thing. If you know an opponent you've already played with, you can play with him if he pays you chips, then it's cool with a couple of 10 great games against a player you know and you were ahead the main thing is that you won but with KK when you went all-in I think your opponent could throw it away and that's it but he's a bad player, you're lucky enough here, you need to play more restrained

Eniredir

Eniredir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PT
Chips
you did the right thing. If you know an opponent you've already played with, you can play with him if he pays you chips, then it's cool with a couple of 10 great games against a player you know and you were ahead the main thing is that you won but with KK when you went all-in I think your opponent could throw it away and that's it but he's a bad player, you're lucky enough here, you need to play more restrained
Ah I see your point of view, that's good feedback, if he was a bit better he would have folded my shove and I would have lost the opportunity to make money, so a better play theory wise here would be a a 4-bet without shoving and he would have most likely paid me postflop anyways.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unless you know the villain is a complete fish then 4betting KK for 200bb versus an UTG limp realise is just torching money. Many players specifically.limp.reraise AA and given he is getting such a bad price on the call he can fold everything but AA. Fortunately villain turned out to be a whale and called you off super light.

For 100bb I think it's more reasonable to shove. Though at either stack depth you can 4bet to a non all-in size, which he is more likely to call if he does have some nonsense

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands