Wisdom Requested! 100NL strategy

P

PokerGene12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see your point, but if they want to fabricate their success in their post then thats their problem. They will just receive answers that are not relevant to their situation,. I myself will only provide my answers based on the information given. I have no interest in second guessing wether or not its accurate.

op, please quantify for us. What are your win rates (or rough profit levels) at 10nl-50nl?

Anyhow, 50nl can be very rewarding, assuming you are any good. Search for 50nl poker graphs, some of them are very tidy!

To the people that actually helped:
Alright everyone, thanks for the advice. This is obviously what I needed. A humbling moment. I did try 3-tabling 5nl yesterday for an hour with decent success. I will get a poker tracker soon and post some stats and hands.

To the Pompous Donks:
Not sure why everyone is analyzing if I'm a piece of shit or just slightly shitty with a big ego. I literally posted a few questions to be answered. Didn't realize I had to validate myself to be considered worth giving advice to. For all I know you're are some beginners that still have a shitty bankroll with marginal success. Have you even received a payout, or do you just turn and burn like every other Poker tard. I would love to know for sure if any of you actually do decent and bring in cash. Are you all just splashing around in nickels and pennies, or are you actually pulling a few grand a month? If not,

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Friends,

I'm requesting wisdom and guidance to become a winning player 100NL. I have been playing for almost a year. I have some great ups and great downs. I do pretty decent at 5NL - 50NL but I'm awful at multi-tabling. I know I tend to play the Meta style, which is difficult when I have more than one table. Because of this I thought it might be a good idea to keep moving up, but I will either do really well or I just get stomped (we all know that the stomping has more of a bankroll influence than winning lol). I think I'll move back down. I don't bluff alot because if feel that's losing Poker. I feel like I have a great Meta game but I think I lack discipline and structure. I tend to "feel" it out but I know that it's a losing strategy if you don't have a baseline. I'm not a total fish, I always try to play from position. So I guess I'm asking for suggestions on structure.
-what ranges do you suggest?
-any winning strategies that you might have?
-does a poker tracker really help?
If so any suggestions? Free perhaps?
- Is the Meta game not for online, or just low stakes?

If you have an answer to a question I should be asking please post as well.

Thanks everyone in advance for the help!

-what ranges do you suggest?--- use bankroll management.
-any winning strategies that you might have? ---TAG =on the full table LAG - on 6max
-does a poker tracker really help?---holdem manager2 really help:D

JonnyW87

JonnyW87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know I know a little more about your situation the best advice I can give you is start of with something like $150 which is 30 buy-ins for 5NL.

I know this might seem pointless to you if you already think you are able to beat 50NL but as I-Play suggested just take things slow there is no need to rush things.

Get a decent hand sample at 5NL something like 50K hands which will probably take you a while if you can only 3 table at the moment and then see what your win rate is like after said amount of hands.

Also then post some of your stats in this thread and then people will have a much better idea of where you are at skill wise and what advice should be given to you.

In terms of bankroll management I try (but don't always stick to it) to have 30 buy-ins for whatever stake I am playing.

So if you start with $150 at 5NL when you reach $300 there is no harm in moving up if you are doing well.

Then say you drop 10 buy-ins at 10NL and your roll is $200 drop back down to 5NL until you have $300 and 30 buy-ins at 10NL then move back up.

If you continue to win at 10NL again wait until you have say $750 which 30 buy-ins for 25NL and move up.

Just remember though the higher the stakes you play the smaller the edges become and the higher the variance becomes so when you hit hit say 50NL sticking to a 40 buy-in rule is not a bad idea as 10-20 buy-in downswings can be the norm for even the best of players at those stakes.

GL anyway and look forward to seing some stats and results. Last thing in terms of getting better at multi-tabling just try and add one table at a time until you find that sweet spot.

I like yourself used to only play a few tables now I can play between 8-10 profitably but I find that I play my best when playing 6 tables as I have more time to think through my decisions and pay attention to what is going on on each table.

Both pokertracker4 and holdem manager2 both do free 30 day trials, so get one of them downloaded and get cracking and see where you at.

I am far from one of the most experienced or skilled people on this forum but if there are any questions you have just ask mate, if I am can't answer there are plenty of other talented players on this forum who would like to see you do well and will be more than willing to help you out if they can :)

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the Pompous Donks:
Not sure why everyone is analyzing if I'm a piece of shit or just slightly shitty with a big ego. I literally posted a few questions to be answered. Didn't realize I had to validate myself to be considered worth giving advice to. For all I know you're are some beginners that still have a shitty bankroll with marginal success. Have you even received a payout, or do you just turn and burn like every other Poker tard. I would love to know for sure if any of you actually do decent and bring in cash. Are you all just splashing around in nickels and pennies, or are you actually pulling a few grand a month? If not,

Did Aaron Soto make a new account?

P

PokerGene12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know I know a little more about your situation the best advice I can give you is start of with something like $150 which is 30 buy-ins for 5NL.

I know this might seem pointless to you if you already think you are able to beat 50NL but as I-Play suggested just take things slow there is no need to rush things.

Get a decent hand sample at 5NL something like 50K hands which will probably take you a while if you can only 3 table at the moment and then see what your win rate is like after said amount of hands.

Also then post some of your stats in this thread and then people will have a much better idea of where you are at skill wise and what advice should be given to you.

In terms of bankroll management I try (but don't always stick to it) to have 30 buy-ins for whatever stake I am playing.

So if you start with $150 at 5NL when you reach $300 there is no harm in moving up if you are doing well.

Then say you drop 10 buy-ins at 10NL and your roll is $200 drop back down to 5NL until you have $300 and 30 buy-ins at 10NL then move back up.

If you continue to win at 10NL again wait until you have say $750 which 30 buy-ins for 25NL and move up.

Just remember though the higher the stakes you play the smaller the edges become and the higher the variance becomes so when you hit hit say 50NL sticking to a 40 buy-in rule is not a bad idea as 10-20 buy-in downswings can be the norm for even the best of players at those stakes.

GL anyway and look forward to seing some stats and results. Last thing in terms of getting better at multi-tabling just try and add one table at a time until you find that sweet spot.

I like yourself used to only play a few tables now I can play between 8-10 profitably but I find that I play my best when playing 6 tables as I have more time to think through my decisions and pay attention to what is going on on each table.

Both pokertracker4 and holdem manager2 both do free 30 day trials, so get one of them downloaded and get cracking and see where you at.

I am far from one of the most experienced or skilled people on this forum but if there are any questions you have just ask mate, if I am can't answer there are plenty of other talented players on this forum who would like to see you do well and will be more than willing to help you out if they can :)

Thanks a bunch, I will definitely try that. I have never really managed a bankroll well without just spending it on tournaments. I suppose that would be a great way to measure success rate as well.

I'll throw up some hands with in the month. Hopefully you'll come across it.

JonnyW87

JonnyW87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also just concentrate on cash games and leave tournaments alone for the time being as they play a lot differently.

Just stick to cash games and get some hands under your belt and go from there. Maybe even post some basic stats after a few thousand hands, just stats like VPIP/PFR/3-BET etc.

That will give us an indication of what style you are playing whether it be nit, TAG, SLAG LAG etc.

Last note I am not saying stop MTT's all together if you like them and get bored of cash then playing the odd Sunday tournament for a bit of fun, there is no harm in that.

I just mean when studying try and stick to one variation so you give it 100% and learn to apply it to your game.

Look forward to you posting some stats and hands. What site did you say you play at again. Sorry if I missed it.

GL :)

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ADVICE:

First off, good luck, you will need every bit of it at those stakes online. You are playing against people who do this at a much more competitive level then you. More then likely a real life grinder who does it day in and day out and has every move he makes calculated or down to a science.

Here is my suggestion to you. If, you want to win at those stakes, go through your hand history. Look for the player or players, who have the chip lead. Look through there hand history. Look at how they are playing there cards, what position are they opening from, how much are they betting with a certain hand, what are they calling? What are they folding? In what situations do they stay away from. Basically see what they are doing right or how they play there game.

All I can really say is good luck. If your playing 100 NL from the books that I have read once your at those stakes everything is down to a science. Players are playing from an efficiency and technical standpoint. I've heard something like top level pro's only need to use there brain on about 3% of decisions at those stakes and above online. So what does that tell you?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for almost a year

How many hands, how many hours/month?

I have some great ups and great downs. I do pretty decent at 5NL - 50NL
What is "pretty decent"? bb/100?

but I'm awful at multi-tabling. I know I tend to play the Meta style, which is difficult when I have more than one table. Because of this I thought it might be a good idea to keep moving up, but I will either do really well or I just get stomped (we all know that the stomping has more of a bankroll influence than winning lol). I think I'll move back down.

I don't bluff alot because if feel that's losing Poker.
This statement makes no sense to me.

I feel like I have a great Meta game but I think I lack discipline and structure.
Then you do not have a great meta game

I tend to "feel" it out but I know that it's a losing strategy if you don't have a baseline. I'm not a total fish, I always try to play from position.
Playing position is like as basic as you can get.....

So I guess I'm asking for suggestions on structure.
Not possible to answer unless we know more.

Well, play good...

If you know how to use it

OK, I asked some questions above, and have some comments.

I breezed through the thread, didnt read every post but enough.

@OP: your questions have a lot of "beginner" flags IMO. I am not trying to be rude, but it sure looks that way. Your questions, and he way you worded some of them, show you need to learn some basic stuff.

If you are doing well at 50nl, then please elaborate what that means: How many hands, bb/100 etc.

E

EkoHoM4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Friends,

I'm requesting wisdom and guidance to become a winning player 100NL. I have been playing for almost a year. I have some great ups and great downs. I do pretty decent at 5NL - 50NL but I'm awful at multi-tabling. I know I tend to play the Meta style, which is difficult when I have more than one table. Because of this I thought it might be a good idea to keep moving up, but I will either do really well or I just get stomped (we all know that the stomping has more of a bankroll influence than winning lol). I think I'll move back down. I don't bluff alot because if feel that's losing Poker. I feel like I have a great Meta game but I think I lack discipline and structure. I tend to "feel" it out but I know that it's a losing strategy if you don't have a baseline. I'm not a total fish, I always try to play from position. So I guess I'm asking for suggestions on structure.

I also pour on nl50 now Do not know what to do ... Here boring to play a top nevezet .... I hired a coach and now all is well went up:смущенный: