Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi dear mates, a few weeks ago I posted I was having problems playing 6-MAX and then thanks to the precious advices of all of you, private or public, I started to play 9 handed table and I’m getting results.

Unfortunately I cannot have access to the hand history to show all the action, but this hand was played at NLHE 2 a few minutes ago, and I post here to encourage new players to take their chances. Why? Both 6-MAX and Full-Ring tables have an ocean of fishes and whales ready to stake off their blinds:

Preflop MP2 limped and I raised 77 to 4x and get called by three or four players. On the flop MP2 leads and I raise to a preposterous sizing. Two players called, MP2 and SB. On the river I shoved the remaining stack of SB and it calls, MP2 folded:
And SB shows.... :ROFLMAO: 72o!!!

I was trying to attach the file but it’s too large, so I will describe the board: 7h3cQc2d3h. I was dealt 7s7c :LOL:

Do you still have any second thoughts about playing micro-stakes?

P.S: thank you @SopianaeExtra for this great advice. I remind of you posting it in the thread “avocado three Jesus” but I had forgot, now it’s perfect. Thanks a lot for the tip!!!

Last edited:
LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
nlh is so boring at least it´s not 9max
keep winning tho gl

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Easy business? :LOL:

I would love to thank a dear mate and friend, who made my cash game possible: thank you @Poker Orifice God bless you in all your ways.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Do you still have any second thoughts about playing micro-stakes?
But what the .... man…

Some people still thinking, that they after raising its own 2 xx cards, the cards will shown up at the board just like a magic... (you know what i mean):

hole cards preflop (beting/raising) :as4::ah4: flop (beting/raising) :5s4::kc4::10d4: turn (beting/raising) :ac4: river (beting/raising) :ad4: (just like that - hop-hop-hop)...

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Sometimes players from higher stakes come to the lowest level and just punt for fun or to tilt off. See it as a nice donation. I have seen people go all-in preflop like 30 hands in a row with absolute garbage. Some people just don't care about that kind of money.

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We should never avoid where the fishes are... just play our very best focused poker and we will be +EV

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lots of weak players i think

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I was playing some nh 2 recently was a nice experience make some dollars and move up. Yes in this stakes people overcalls a lot.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, this stake isn't meant to make a couple of dollars, we play more to learn some principles or improve others we already know and move up.
As others have said, yes, the field is full of recreational players and ABC (good players but obvious on their game plan). There are a couple of regulars or good players that play NLHE 2 for fun.
I like to play on pokerstars because the field is hard. I think this way, if I can beat PokerStars, I can beat any other poker room.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL2 is nowhere hard. This connection does not exist 😄 on some sites its just softer than on others.

But using the word hard....i mean...maybe boring would be a better word to describe stars nl2 games.

Last edited:
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't play cash games nowadays , I stopped since I realised I could make no profit. No reason to play if you cannot win on the long run , if you cannot level up from NL2 to NL5 or better . With zoom it is funny to play , the last years I had been playing only zoom , but still if you lose with bad beats all the time you lose your interest , your enthusiasm to play .

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play cash games nowadays , I stopped since I realised I could make no profit. No reason to play if you cannot win on the long run , if you cannot level up from NL2 to NL5 or better . With zoom it is funny to play , the last years I had been playing only zoom , but still if you lose with bad beats all the time you lose your interest , your enthusiasm to play .
The reason why u cant move up from nl2 to nl5 are not the bad beats. Its because u dont play good enough in the long run. That includes stealing, restealing, making good and discipined laydowns, playing in position, on micros folding many many rivers etc.

Things i never saw u do while at my table 🤭

Last edited:
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The reason why u cant move up from nl2 to nl5 are not the bad beats. Its because u dont play good enough in the long run. That includes stealing, restealing, making good and discipined laydowns, playing in position, on micros folding many many rivers etc.

Things i never saw u do while at my table 🤭
At least for Zoom NL2 , the times I had AA Vs KK are countless . Either you believe it or not , for me it's bad beats most of the times . The all in cash out option helped me a lot , cause most losses were from preflop shoves when preflop I was the favourite or the most favourite hand to win only to lose to sh** hand . But still , I have no profits on the long run
In the past I could play for fun , not anymore . if they don't pay you don't play . If it's mistakes , I could dedicate some time to study , get improved . Unfortunately I see it's not the mistakes that hurt most . It's bad beats or crazy calls from foes or the stupid RNG to blame .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At least for Zoom NL2 , the times I had AA Vs KK are countless . Either you believe it or not , for me it's bad beats most of the times . The all in cash out option helped me a lot , cause most losses were from preflop shoves when preflop I was the favourite or the most favourite hand to win only to lose to sh** hand . But still , I have no profits on the long run
In the past I could play for fun , not anymore . if they don't pay you don't play . If it's mistakes , I could dedicate some time to study , get improved . Unfortunately I see it's not the mistakes that hurt most . It's bad beats or crazy calls from foes or the stupid RNG to blame .

Hopefully you'll have a better experience on one of the other sites.