When to show them?

S

sneaky21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the only time i show , is when i get a few good hands in a row and pick up some big pots to show i'm not bluffing , so when i do bluff , they will back down hopefully and i steal the pot

D

dranger7070

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show hands online. Just for the simple fact that there is no reason giving opponents more information than they already have. There just doesn't seem to be any point in showing. Then again I play cash games so...

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will generally only show a bluff, because since I bluff relatively rarely, it makes my image appear more aggressive than it is. Also, it makes it a lot easier to get people to call with marginal hands when you hit a big board.

melcu65

melcu65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's good to show the cards after important bluffs, not all blufs(if u show them always ur cards after bluffing,there will be a problem for you).this way u make him angry and make him play worse...:D
this is what i think.of course, nuts after big pots are a good way to say chill out partner!:D

A-RAG

A-RAG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep them guessing is my play. I do understand the reason some people show too either try and tilt you by showing bluff or get perception of a loose player and too get a perception as a tight player by showing big pockets. I think this is a weak tool though I don't put much stock into people showing me their cards. There are better ways to influence perception and mostly showing cards is amateur.

A

anteupboy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to show after a good bluff if I want my ops to loosen up a little but I am very careful after that knowing they may be more willing to call next time. In heads up I will show a really crappy hand if I'm given a walk. I personally don't think its a good idea to show the nuts, keeps em guessing.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes show after a big pot if there is o nly one other player in the pot with me.If I think the other player would off showed me if I folded than I might show that player.

J

jtberrym

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show

only if you are trying to set up the table. If you make a solid play then you can show your hand. If you do that two or three times and the table sees you had a good hand and won the pot with the best hand then later on you can bluff easier. The table already sees you as playing only good hands and showing them so when you make the same type of bets you can get away with it even if you dont have the best hand. Bluff....it is all about setting it up by showing earlier on.

L

lmille4574

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I never show my cards. For one showing the cards gives the other players additional info that they really should pay to see but if I do show my cards, It is under the following circumstances

freerolls. Only when we are deep into a tourney and they just switch my tables. When I am dealt a nut hand and bet big to protect it due to how the board falls ( ex: flop a str and there is a flush draw out.)

Buyin tournies - They move me to a tables with player that i have not played or when I have respect for another player that I have played before but have not come across in a while

S

sd great 1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely ever show, every play you make at the poker table should have a purpose. If your gonna raise, you have a purpose, if your calling you have a purpose, so if your gonna show the cards you better have a purpose.

S

sd great 1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 2nd thought on the matter. this may be a little more on the poker etiquette side but here goes. if your calling someone's all in bet "" let the other person show their cards first ! they put the money in the pot first and are obligated to show first. especially if the other person had more chips than you. you owe it to the rest of the table. everyone seated at the table is then able to gain more information about that player.