When to fold AA/KK/AK post flop?

D

davidhoyle107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding is what you do when you think you can neither bluff the enemy nor be more sure than not that you'll walk away with a profit from your session.

If you feel you can comfortably handle losing that money, go ahead and overplay your hand. If you feel you can bluff them based on the situation, then bluff the same as you would with 24offsuit in that situation

Don't do this. bluffing at micro will kill you. only value bet big hands, and bluff the pot with small hands, folding to resistance. If you feel comfortable losing money on a poor decision, pick a different game.

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play AA, KK if flop cards are weak, AK only with draw-combinations after flop or if u get A or K on flop.
At micro-limits you always find a player, who call your postflop AK even without strong pair, be careful

hurtadoak

hurtadoak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I do with these hands is being very aggressive preflop with the purpose of playing against the smallest number of players possible in the case of AK, I could continue playing aggressive on the flop and only folding if I get re-raised, if they call the raise, I would check on turn and river, in case of getting AA or KK, I would bet the pot, but this is where the study of your rivals enters, I would stop to think according to the background, with which hand the villain would be calling me.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In principle, any coordinated board is a threat.
For AA: KQJ, 9TJ, KQT.
For KK: any ace, QJ9.

D

daddyfatstacks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to play according to table dynamics. generally I don't fold to a single bet on the flop with kk or aa especially when playing deep stacked but ak if you miss is fine to fold if you miss after all you only have a hi. if you continue on a wet board I would say it is generally a better idea to reraise than to flat especially on a paired flop

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the board is really wet, just ditching them could make you more money in the long run...

R

radiation

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
postflop folding of AA//KK/AK is not always easy, but they loose fast value when flush or straight and draws are hitting the board. But you have always to think of your opponent also not hitting the board and give a try in bluff or semibluff, if I wouldn't have a good reading on the player I would on drawy flop be aware not overplaying the premium pockets ...

Folding in Poker