When do you "bank gains" in micro stakes?

S

stevieboy4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry i was chuckling at starting-at-the- bottoms reply!

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The subject header pretty much says it all. Basically, I'm wondering if it's an okay practice to, if you get a good amount above your starting stack in a micro stakes cash game, to leave, "banking" your gains, and then come back as soon as you can. I mean...yes chip bullying is a thing you can do with a stack considerably above the max buy in, but I believe in micro stakes you're a lot more likely to be called even if the bullying is all in by a hand that wouldn't be worth playing in sensible circumstances, but can in fact beat a bullying bluff. So since accumulating a stack for the purpose of bullying can be dangerous, would it just be better to bank gains on a regular basis or regular threshold?

Your stack really should be irrelevant when you're considering whether or not to stop playing. Most players have the notion that when you're winning you should leave, and when you're losing you should keep playing. It's really the opposite though. You should keep playing as long as you're playing well, whether you're winning or losing.