when to end a session ?

O

Onlinedragon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have same problem,i play for hours and i get very big stack but then i get bad bet ,and i loose a money :S

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I play until I no longer feel like playing at the moment. Another reason why I leave a table is if the players I'm beating have left and they're at another table.

Live poker I tend to quit when I feeling sub-par especially since live poker you're playing less hands and the amount of energy takes a bit more out of you than online.

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion you should remove when you have a bad run. some rest and come back when you're calm. is better to earn try Ganr little long in one assignment!

R

RaisingYa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the exact opposite. I have not many issues leaving the table after a nice win but stay much longer playing when I am loosing. Generally this leads to chasing money and loosing more.

I think it may be good to set a over and under cap. For instance if you win 2 buyins or loose 2 buyins you call it quits for the day.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for hours if the games are good. Basically, if you feel as though you have a significant edge, you shouldn't leave the game.
i find people tend to overvalue their own edges a little too much thou

your right clearly but if you really are tired or notice your not playing your A game or B game just stop regardless of how long

rarely there is going to be that whale that is spewing off 15 buyins over 2 hours

and if you limit your sub optimal play it will keep your win rate high per hand played and make you move up a little faster

clearly all of this is a personal thing but over the last few years i have realized that the amount of money i have lost simply because i didnt leave when i knew i should is pretty big

same thing happens in regging for tournies when you know you dont have time to play it out or you will be well into like 4am with work the next day it just isnt worth it long term

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the exact opposite. I have not many issues leaving the table after a nice win but stay much longer playing when I am loosing. Generally this leads to chasing money and loosing more.

I think it may be good to set a over and under cap. For instance if you win 2 buyins or loose 2 buyins you call it quits for the day.
glad you said it really plays into what i was saying dont chase loses it likely cases more

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to put an exact number on it due to large hits or misses but I use a rule I have for myself to manage my play. I sit down with at least double what I have to lose before I would quit. This gives me a decent stack so I don't get to pushed around as much and it also allows me to cover any bets if I have the nuts. I only go into that half of my buy in with the dead nuts or what I believe to be the best hand based on the way the hand played etc. I can afford to lose the other half but it is not intended to be lost. If I lose down to the 1/2 way mark I walk away and live to fight another day. If I get on a run I will usually cap my play at being doubled up or more hopefully with one last nice hand. Should I lose I never try to win it right back, always better to come back later IMO. Once I am doubled up I might stick around for a few more spins playing ultra tight as to not lose what I just made since we hate to leave when we think we are running good lol. But after that or one even cheap flop call that misses I am outta there with someones chips ;)