What will help me the most?

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I wanted to buy something to help my poker playing skills what should I buy, a book, a software What?

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend getting internet texas holdem by Matthew Hilgar

L

lacrosse09

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would buy a book like cloutiers or some other pro because they know a lot about the game and they will teach you a lot.

S

Sunshine3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I once viewed a poll about that asked opinions on what people thought taught you the game better i think the choices where A - tv, B- books, C - playin the game itself ,im not sure about the other.My choice was playing the game itself ,i play a lot of freerolls and 4to6000 ppl tournies as well as multi able sit and go,s,these are my favorate because you come across so many different types of player and there play that there is so much to be learned,books are good teachers i agree but theres a lot to be learned in mutli table tournys i think....sunshine

CalifNaughti

CalifNaughti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Sammy..I also think that playing alot of free roll games will give you the oppertunity to learn more about the game and the different ways people play..you will eventually develpoe the knowedge and skils to win some of these tournys..I'm not real keen on reading a book on how to play..I always think that the authors (including the professional players that have written them) learned first hand how to play from real live experiance and freerolls...Good Luck to you and your new endevour
Cali

CalifNaughti

CalifNaughti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HI SUNSHINE

<x Sunshine said:
I once viewed a poll about that asked opinions on what people thought taught you the game better i think the choices where A - tv, B- books, C - playin the game itself ,im not sure about the other.My choice was playing the game itself ,i play a lot of freerolls and 4to6000 ppl tournies as well as multi able sit and go,s,these are my favorate because you come across so many different types of player and there play that there is so much to be learned,books are good teachers i agree but theres a lot to be learned in mutli table tournys i think....sunshine
How are you!? We've played together a few times, not sure if you remember me....great to see you here posting!!! got to love them 6k freerolls at pokerstars..lol
hope to see you soon
Cali

S

Sunshine3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
CalifNaughti said:
How are you!? We've played together a few times, not sure if you remember me....great to see you here posting!!! got to love them 6k freerolls at PokerStars..lol
hope to see you soon
Cali
hey cali i do remember you :hello:i hope to see ya soon too & i hope everything is ok with you and ure family ,i was reading some of your posts earlier too " wise lady " you are lol.C ya soon Cali good luck & take care until then ....sunshine.:icon_flow

A

any2willdo7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest getting all of Mike Caro's material. Books ,dvds, audio tapes, etc. His teachings will change the way you look at poker.