What is major difference between micro stakes and high stakes?

765RingoP

765RingoP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For the time issues, I found that cash games would fit my playstyle
However to play cash games I should deposit, and I should decide how much.

Normally novice players play at the lowest stake($0.01/0.02) but I heard that micro stake games are very crazy and do not have valuable experience to study.
Then how much stake is suitable to get valuable experience? I want to know how much is border between micro/low/middle/high.

I think the border can be different among people so I post this in forum.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the main difference is that high-stakes players can always come down and phak around the micro-games but you'll never see a micro-player grinding uptown like that. If you do it's, usually, not for long. Just my opinion.
Folx are gonna play where they're comfortable so if your lunch is under $20 a day then you probably don't mind, possibly, losing $5, 10, or $20 in a session. If your lunch is over $50 or so a day and flip the bill for the whole table once in a while and throw down a couple hundred for everyone's soon-to-be turds then it's easy to assume you don't mind dumping a c-note or two, or more, in a session.
Note: I take my lunch to work.

Last edited:
Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are a lot of fruits at high stakes, so it’s very difficult to play there, even if everything is fine at the beginning, then the professionals will take over anyway. There are a lot of novice players at the micro limits, and people in general are nothing incomprehensible in poker, just because they are special. I think it's worth studying for $5 and up to $50. There is no point in going further, you need good preparation.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At high limits, opponents use many tricks in poker, and at micro limits there is a straightforward game.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that players with a deep and broad level of thinking play at high limits, and players with a narrower mindset play, respectively, at lower limits. The idea that your level of thinking has moved to the next stage of development should push you to the next, higher limits. Low-limit players tend to raise when they have a bad showdown, and when they have a really strong hand, they start to slow down, make a check and try to encourage the opponent to aggression.
The biggest mistake of low limits is the size of preflop rates, which determine the further growth of the bank.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The biggest difference is that high stakes the players have bigger bank account than those at micro. Sometimes the rich player call the bet just to see the cards someone is holding. Players really are tricker at high stakes, but only against the weakest or the suckers.

Last edited: