What do you do

I

infestus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It always seems to go this way in a lotta tournies,that I'll be doin fine for the longest time,and then either lose half my chips by calling a coin flip or losing with a smaller kicker.Ok I can understand I put myself in this predicament and now I need to work up from this spot.But then ill have a lil less than average and have to fold every hand for the next 45 hands because im gettin crap like 38,46,29,J4 and cant catch a break.Then when I finally do make the move I have the better end of it and lose to some bad call.

U Wanna Fold

U Wanna Fold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strike fear into your opponents, and chances they call your big raises are very slim, I promise you.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're below average, even if you're not a short stack, and not getting any cards that are obviously playable, it's often a situation where you need to decide the lesser of two evils. Try to steal enough blinds to at least maintain your stack more or less, or let the blinds (and antes if there are any) grind you down.

As for sticking in a big bet, unless you're down in the 10BB range, why? How often will people call a normal bet (3-4x, not 2x) but fold to a larger one. Sometimes, but remember that when you bet more, although you may get called slightly less often, you stand to lose more. And since we're talking about what to do with poor cards, when you do get called, you're likely to lose.