What to do when everyone calls my raise?

ericklam92

ericklam92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
Right now I'm playing in the micros (.5/.10NL) 6 max. What do you do when everyone calls the raise. Okay I shouldn't say everyone but 2 or 3 others at the table? For example, I'm on the Button, everyone limps in so I raise it to 70 or 80 cents. 9 times out of 10 , three people will call my raise and 2 will donk into me. Plus if I miss the flop should I just give it up?
I seem to be losing money trying to isolate. I don't think thats work to well in the lower stakes....need a little advice.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When many people limp, try to isolate them with a tight range that would dominate their calling range: 88-AA,AJo-AKo,KQo,ATs-AKs,KQs,KJs.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Right now I'm playing in the micros (.5/.10NL) 6 max. What do you do when everyone calls the raise. Okay I shouldn't say everyone but 2 or 3 others at the table? For example, I'm on the Button, everyone limps in so I raise it to 70 or 80 cents. 9 times out of 10 , three people will call my raise and 2 will donk into me. Plus if I miss the flop should I just give it up?
I seem to be losing money trying to isolate. I don't think thats work to well in the lower stakes....need a little advice.
You have to change your range when there’s a limper behind. For example, let’s suppose you were going to open T9o, J7s, 76s, K3s from BTN when it comes in fold. When it comes in limp we must fold part of our range and be a little more tight (as @iwont20 Run, Lola Run said perfectly)
If you are raising limpers 9 out of 10 times you are trying to exploit limpers and getting exploited by them.
Some players are just limping awaiting to call any raise with any sizing, if they own a baby pocket pair for example, or any two suited cards, they won’t mind if you raise 5x or 10x, they will simply call.
When we completely miss the flop is best to leave the hand and wait for another spot.
One thing I know for sure about too much passive players: they love to limp and call and when they bet or raise they have the goods. It’s obvious the way they play and we must believe it.
But we must be clever! For example, we raised one limper to 4x and we have some piece of equity and the limper OOP elects to bet just 1 BB! Most of times they own nothing, they have no idea why they are betting, so in cases like this we are raising, having some equity, if we completely miss the flop, we must have at least two overcards to think about some move.

In the past I was a huge fan of Nathan ‘blackrain79’ Williams: his strategy is to polarize our value range versus limpers, i.e, passive limps OOP and we raise 9x, 12x because it’s going to call anyway and we want to build the pot as soon as possible:
Okay, this is a good line of thought, however we must consider we are going to miss and lose some of the hands we raise versus limpers. As bigger we raise preflop, more committed to the pot we get and more inclined to go all-in with any TPTK.
Now if I’m raising 3x IP when it comes in fold, if someone limps I raise 3x + 1 BB for every limper, I don’t see any reason to go larger than that.

There are thousands of other factors that is impossible to discuss here, but I hope this can help you!

Best regards;

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's fine to fold post flop if you get lots of callers. If you completely miss, then trying to bluff 4 or 5 fish post flop will rarely work as one of them will have flopped something. The more players that see the flop the less often you need to win the pot

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's fine to fold post flop if you get lots of callers. If you completely miss, then trying to bluff 4 or 5 fish post flop will rarely work as one of them will have flopped something. The more players that see the flop the less often you need to win the pot

Its pretty funny that a guy with the name "station master" answers in a thread about callingstations. The name sounds like the ultimate callingstation.

Are u one of his opponents?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing in micro stake events are harder than people realise, because some players who can afford to lose a few Dollars don't really care what they are calling with, It is not life changing money they are playing with, and if like me they follow a strict bankroll Strategy then when they lose in one game they are straight back in, playing another.
Try playing a few Fixed limit games and you will see players raise and re-raise all the time, and very seldom back down from calling when you attempt to bluff on the River, because it is only ever 1 bet.
Trying to isolate players in micro stake games seldom work as they really don't care, and as in Fixed Limit games it is nothing to some people.
My best advice would be to play solid hands and don't be afraid to fold on the flop when you miss it completely, Trying to bluff at them will only cost you more money.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
(re-)raise them to death obviously ...

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to narrow down on the limpers, you have to raise more (even if it's like the freeroll level and can immediately tell that you have a strong hand), which is no longer given, only 1-2 players.
You have to find out the size of the raise, or limp in, and if the flop hits you, there will be at least a few calling stations in the hand who will pay out your winning hand.
Good luck!

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think you should analyze what you are failing and with what cards you do the reuploads remember that in 6 max there are more cards in the maso so you should expand your range more and play hard with high or premium cards