Video: 30min 5nl 6max session - please comment

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a video today so it will be uploaded some time today. Imo blueberry Flashback is the best software I've seen. It has really good quality recording software, in built sound recorder and review/editor where you can edit sound and video separate and add text and things. Completely free too.

Not sure about the river call tbh i'm having a hard time putting him on a hand that we beat. Possibly lower two pairs like 89 but I think any ace like AK would have checked back the turn and then called on the river. Possibly an overpair which he has to turn into a bluff on the river to win.
A9 suits his line pretty well. Raising pre then hitting tptk, betting for value, raising with two pair OTR but feedback would be good from better players on this.

Any more vids in the pipeline?

Really like this point of view actually and you're probably right. Its just the way the hand was played on previous streets that led to a really tricky spot on the river.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good points acky. I normally raise up an extra bb, not sure why I didn't in the first video, I think in the second I did it a couple of times. I must have missed it in the first one.

I do colour loose bad as green, loose/tricky winners as turquoise, and then nits as red and winning regs as violet. So normally I want green and turquoise to my right and red to my left and violet either left or opposite.

Yellow is just the default for a note, so yeah it just means I've got hands on them.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a video today so it will be uploaded some time today.
Cool!

Its just the way the hand was played on previous streets that led to a really tricky spot on the river.
Yep, just this tip alone has made it worthwhile making this video.

However, no one answered my question. If I c/r and he reraises or shoves, do I shove or call a shove?

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool!

Yep, just this tip alone has made it worthwhile making this video.

However, no one answered my question. If I c/r and he reraises or shoves, do I shove or call a shove?

I'm getting it in in this spot, calling a shove but shoving myself is a ton better if we have the chance as we then generate fold equity too.

Against his widest range I believe he's calling shoves/shoving with:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

42,570 games 0.001 secs 42,570,000 games/sec

Board: 9c 8s 3c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 44.803% 44.80% 00.00% 19071 1.50 { Ac8c }
Hand 1: 55.197% 55.19% 00.00% 23496 1.50 { 88+, 33, A9s, A9o }

We have 45% equity but obviously we're folding out a lot of his range with the c/r (folding all his AK/AQ PP's etc.) which with the dead money (money already in the pot) makes it +EV.

I actually think the range he gets in OTF is more like:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

33,660 games 0.001 secs 33,660,000 games/sec

Board: 9c 8s 3c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 45.299% 45.29% 00.00% 15246 1.50 { Ac8c }
Hand 1: 54.701% 54.70% 00.00% 18411 1.50 { 88+, 33 }

as A9 is borderline in his range and if it is he's probably calling a ch/r with it rather than shoving.

Overall I think it's +EV to shove/call a shove.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watched the first 10 seconds of the second video and seen that you did move off that rubbish table, maybe i should watch both parts before i comment from here on :)

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the analysis Chippy, really useful for me that.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im never flagging a8s there. At least 3bet pre but I prob fold