Variance

M

marcusthorton259

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Played again yesterday on the cash game tables...and took a $100 buy in to $600 cash out in about 5 hours of play. I won most of my hands because I played the better hands except there was one hand I lost about a $400 pot and here's how it played out -

This is a 1/3 table mind you.

My hand: Pocket Jacks
Button: 87 Spades

Preflop - I raised to $20 and 1 person called, the button.

Flop - Jclub 8club 3spa

I was first to act and i just calmly checked and he shoved all in for $175 and I instantly called.

Turn - A spa

River - 2 Spa

He won with a runner runner flush....

S

sactokid544

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played again yesterday on the cash game tables...and took a $100 buy in to $600 cash out in about 5 hours of play. I won most of my hands because I played the better hands except there was one hand I lost about a $400 pot and here's how it played out -

This is a 1/3 table mind you.

My hand: Pocket Jacks
Button: 87 Spades

Preflop - I raised to $20 and 1 person called, the button.

Flop - Jclub 8club 3spa

I was first to act and i just calmly checked and he shoved all in for $175 and I instantly called.

Turn - A spa

River - 2 Spa

He won with a runner runner flush....

That just sucks. Although, I think I would bet that flop.

I think you need to also post the other hands. A lot of times in cash games, its the frequent small decisions that you have to get right.

Going all-in is actually easier (in theory) because you (hopefully) planned the hand in such a fashion that you were willing to ship or call a ship. In cases where you have to tank facing an all-in bet or you aren't sure if you should ship, you've probably made a mistake at some point in the hand.

But generally, there are going to be many many more small decisions and marginal spots where you could optimize your play (fold or extract value). I believe you need to post these hands.

Oh.. and buy-in 100BB