Uniform Poker?

N

ncmtngirl79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just an observation and I think a legitamate question. Why do poker tournaments not have set starting chips and set blind levels of play. It seems to me to be a pretty fair concept. One site you have to play one way and adjust your strategy for every poker site you play on. Since when did turbos and ultra turbos become a skilled way to play poker? Why not just put money into a bingo game?

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, why should all tournaments have the same structure and starting chips? That is actually another variable to consider when you sign up for a tournament. Sometimes you want lots of play for your entry fee. So you want large chips stacks relative to blinds and antes. Othertimes, you want to brute force the tournament as fast as possible. Thats why you see some sites give you less play in the freerolls and other small stack tournaments. They would prefer you to pay for their hosting your fun. So the less money they get, the shorter they want the tournament to run. Lots of generalizations in my comments, but you get the idea.

Find what you like and do well with and stick with it. Good luck.

nymets14450

nymets14450

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you dont like some of the tourneys, just dont play in them. some people enjoy the intensity of a very quick ultra turbo, although i prefer the normal games because they take more skill. but like gns2003 said, find what you like and stick with it.