Understanding Fluidity

R

rfdouggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of ebbs, and flows. The most important aspect of long term success is understanding the fluidity of the game. So many poker players buy-in to the myth of starting hand position. The Aces, or the Ace king. If the board doesnt improve either of these hands after the flop. They are both what I term as "stranded" hands. Only a limited amount of outs with the pay off usually minimal. The "Fluidity" of the game is when A player understands that connecting cards- combined with table image is the strongest position to be in. How many times have those 9-8 or 10-9 connectors busted out that Aces wired or the Ace king.The fluidity comes when you start to understand certain tendencies that you -yourself have when "getting married" to the strong starting hands. It's the ability to laydown those strong starting hands that define the overall strength of your game. I have won tournies when playing ultra-consertive not because of the hands I chose to play but because of hands that I chose "NOT" to play

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it's a poker strategy, just not a very good one.

The biggest things anyone can do to improve their chances of playing winning poker is to choose solid starting hands and to overvalue position. Suited connectors and such have their place but you'd be better off to NEVER play them than to always play them.

N

ndirish620

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some good advice, but that is where luck comes into the game, you cannot know what the upcoming flop, turn, and river are gonna be. But I don't and I believe many others also don't believe that you would ever through away A K or A Q unless someone is all in and you feel you are beat or you don't won't do go up against a pp.