Trusting your reads...

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you more likely to do that with top pair as with a pocket pair? I think people get attached to their pocket prs, and pre-decide if the flop is unders to commit their chips. Whereas top pr on the flop people can fold easier.

There is a study that says the brain makes decisions several seconds before we are conscious of them, so your decision to reraise or go all in was before your read that he had trips. Maybe wait a few more seconds. :)
U just took the words from my mouth. I think u need experience in order to control yourself. Usualy calling bad hands come from being tilted and under the big preasure of small stake. I have the same problem . I do not have much experience .. just started playing poker 6 mounths ago.. i know by theory what happens to me in that moment .. and still play the bad hand:). Usualy when u play freerolls or small by-in tournaments ... players do not bluff in late stages. Losers bluff at the begining or go all in like crazy ... but at the late stages they only play secure. So if u miss the flop and u are called after the flop .. u have to ring the bell. The rest is theory ... number of chips u bet , number of chips the other player bets ...