Trick or treat

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering what the thoughts of the members were with regards to the likes of Dan Negreanu, and Gus "the Bus" Hansen.
We are all aware that these 2 cookies play a tricky game, and I was wondering if text book poker is the way to go when up against such opponents?
Remember, Dan & gus, and the likes play a very different game to the established norm.
Do you use your well earned Poker skills and/or well read poker books knowledge to take these guys down?
Carlos mortenson ( spelling ) is another of these particular type of players.
Do we chuck the book out of the window when up against such opponents, or do we follow the rule book to the letter?

I am very interested in any responses that may follow.

ZZ

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the temptation would be to play a looser game but your best bet would be to play by the book and let them trap themselves.

I like Daniel a lot more than Gus, and Carlos is a tricky guy but plays more solid hands than the other two I think. I think you could count on his raises to be strong hands more than Gus especially.
Daniel would be more likely to let you know what he was holding if you made a couple re-raises on him, he's a talker like that.
I do think the best way is to play by the book though.