Trash Talked 1 Time and Immediatley Felt Guilty

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a Omaha hand yesterday, and I NEVER use chat or say anything rude to any players, but I played this one hand against this guy, and I forget the exact hand but basically I had straight draw blockers, and the nut flush blocker. So anyways, he bets flop I 1/2 pot, I check raise pot. Pot is now 34bb.

Turn completes the flush. I pot my nut flush blocker, this guy immediately rips it in at the speed of light committing his stack of like 220bb. I'm like wow, what a idiot (if for some freak accident and a warp in the twilight zone creates a situation where this guy reads this, I do not think you are actually an idiot but your Poker play is not very good lol). Tilted me a little bit. One it tilted me because he shouldn't raise this spot even if he had the A high flush, and 2 he can't have the A high flush because the A of hearts is in my hand lol.

Really I should be thanking the guy because he saved me a lot of money when I would of potted river and he obviously would of called with whatever flush he had, unless if the board paired then I would just give up.

So anyways a few hands go by, and I type, "don't usually get check raised holding the nut blocker lol".

Very next hand this guy donks 3 streets out of position against me for pot at the speed of light. Playing against recreational players for this long I basically knew there was a very good chance this guy is just trying to teach me a lesson as they say.

So I call down very lose with top pair 2nd best kicker. It was good. He had like Q776 I believe.

Anyways the guy says, 'good call'.

Immediately felt guilty for saying anything lol.

Last edited:
hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with your comment but it does illustrate that people can take any comment any way they like. I like the fact you were sensitive and that he was polite at the end of your second hand...
BTW, that is one reason why I say very little at the table to people I am unfamiliar with.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was playing a Omaha hand yesterday, and I NEVER use chat or say anything rude to any players, but I played this one hand against this guy, and I forget the exact hand but basically I had straight draw blockers, and the nut flush blocker. So anyways, he bets flop I 1/2 pot, I check raise pot. Pot is now 34bb.

Turn completes the flush. I pot my nut flush blocker, this guy immediately rips it in at the speed of light committing his stack of like 220bb. I'm like wow, what a idiot (if for some freak accident and a warp in the twilight zone creates a situation where this guy reads this, I do not think you are actually an idiot but your Poker play is not very good lol). Tilted me a little bit. One it tilted me because he shouldn't raise this spot even if he had the A high flush, and 2 he can't have the A high flush because the A of hearts is in my hand lol.

Really I should be thanking the guy because he saved me a lot of money when I would of potted river and he obviously would of called with whatever flush he had, unless if the board paired then I would just give up.

So anyways a few hands go by, and I type, "don't usually get check raised holding the nut blocker lol".

Very next hand this guy donks 3 streets out of position against me for pot at the speed of light. Playing against recreational players for this long I basically knew there was a very good chance this guy is just trying to teach me a lesson as they say.

So I call down very lose with top pair 2nd best kicker. It was good. He had like Q776 I believe.

Anyways the guy says, 'good call'.

Immediately felt guilty for saying anything lol.
We get angry because “they shouldn’t have raised/called/shoved” and this is a mistake of our own! We shouldn’t expect villain to know what we know or play the way we play.
It is good that you felt yourself guilty, and it demonstrates you are human, recognized your own error and will try no to do it again.
When we speak on the tables shows to everyone our weakness, that we could not control our feelings/ego towards some situation.

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Nothing wrong with what you said. A bit of light trash talk is welcome in my opinion providing it is not annoying others at the table / causing a disturbance. There are pros who take it too far that in my opinion would be annoying at a normal table (Helmuth) but for me personally I would enjoy it at leaast for a few others particularly if I was better than them, maybe not if I was consistently losing to them haha

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You should never feel guilty because of trash talk (even when it completely backfires) ...

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I usually don't use the chat, because you can hear anything for no reason. Or you can fall to an annoying person you will start to say whatever! Except if I know the other, or for some reason chatting is usefull.

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I never spend time chatting or throwing things at players.
I find that even something jokey can come across wrong and be misunderstood.
I'd much rather spend my time concentrating on the game.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm old, when I started playing people actually talked to each other on the tables. I think part of this had to do with their still being Americans on the site at that time but honestly I miss it. I met a few people I ended up talking to outside of poker.

Now I just try and make my fellow players better by making smart ass comments about their bad plays. I like to help :)

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
If you trash talk out of frustration you are doing it wrong. You should trash talk to frustrate others, not to get frustrated yourself lol.