Too tight or about right - look at this...

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.

About six months ago I posted something similar.

These are my stats from a $30 NL SNG (18 players) just as I hit the final table.

What are your comments???

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 55 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 7 times while in big blind (57%)
- 3 out of 7 times while in small blind (42%)
- 3 out of 41 times in other positions (7%)
- a total of 10 out of 55 (18%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 3 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

The reason I ask is because when I watch Poker on TV the person who is `in the middle` of the tighest player and most loose (for example, if the tightest player had seen 10% and the loose guy had seen 40% the average player had seen about 20-25%) is nearly alway 2nd with a full table and then when they turn up the heat they are always there or there abouts. Have any of you guys noticed the same, or am I just imagining it???

Comments always appreciated.

Ronaldadio

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
55 hands = too small a sample and don't use TV poker as a basis for anything, seeing as 90% of the hands are edited out and the ones that make it are just big AWWWLLLINNNNNs.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would agree with some of what you say DM, but

55 hands = too small a sample and don't use TV poker as a basis for anything, seeing as 90% of the hands are edited out and the ones that make it are just big AWWWLLLINNNNNs.

The sample is possibly 2 small but based on that sample what do ypu think. Also, the TV poker % is based on the whole tourny, not just the hands I watch, so the 10% could be based on 100+ hands, even though they have only shown 10 of them. Does that make sense m8?

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Have any of you guys noticed the same"

It's coincidental. It is not the cause.

Naturally you would expect the emergent winners to be neither the loosest or the tightest, but that doesnt mean you should be overly guided by target percentages.

Good poker will lead to a percentage. But targeted a percentage wont naturally lead to good poker.